_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Modern Armour Campaign - ODS Warrior MCV
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 04:14 AM UTC
This is my build for the Modern campaign, a ODS Warrior MCV. I did not really plan to post pictures yet but then something happened. I'm using an AA update kit and managed to glue on a wrong part. Using superglue there is only one solution - aceton. Well I started removing the part, got impatient and decided to "help" the process with a knife - bad idea. The rest is history.

BTW: Lots of work left. Need to fill and sand quiet a lot and I messed up the turret bin mesh when the knife slipped.

Erik

Pain is temporary - Glory is forever - Chicks dig scars.
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hey Erik,

I've done a few of these AA Warrior.They are very well done and easy to do.

Looks great so far.Keep us posted.

Jim
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 06:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pain is temporary - Glory is forever - Chicks dig scars.

Yes, it would appear that they do....BUT, I'm not sure how "exciting" a cut on the finger is?!!!?! :-) :-) :-) NOW, had you been holding it close to your face (squinting to ensure that all is right [heheh]) and slipped and put a whopper across your forehead......NOW that would get you a lot of ooohs and ahhhs, and I bet some "kissy's."

On a serious note: 1) Glad it was only your finger, 2) That is a VERY nice looking build!!

You do know that CA glue was originally designed (as I hear) to close wounds!???

Mike (++) (++)
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 09:30 AM UTC
Nice clean build so far except for the blood. That turret bin mesh is a mess even in the best of times.

Glad to see you did a good job with the nose armor. My pieces had some gaps to fill.

Paul
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 02:53 PM UTC
Very nice build so far. I guess from what you wrote that the AA conversion is not that easy to use.

I built a full AA Warrior kit a while ago (I think it's OOP now). My worst remembrance is the tracks build as it was my first try with resin tracks and the hair dryer process.

Hope you'll get a "new" finger soon

olivier
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 02:55 PM UTC

What a "wally"--- "viking"????------cant leave you on your own for 5mins-----dump plaster -----use ----"The Super Glue"---stops leaking fingers instantly
As for the model ---yeh!!--ok finish it then ------(keep on at me not finishing )-----just keep the red stuff off it
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 04:47 PM UTC
Hi Erik, (and Steve),

Now this is interesting... I've put aside my 432 for the moment to build my Warrior for this campaign too! Really having a hard time between work and family to get it done on time... Which is rapidly running out.

I'd post pics but the photo site is still down.

Hey Steve (BARV), you don't have anything else to do, why haven't you finished yours yet?
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 05:17 PM UTC
Hi guys.
Thank you for all your "warm concerns" about my finger (which btw is still attached to my hand) :-) :-) :-)

Now, to be serious. The kit is of course the Academy Warrior sold as a Combi-Kit by Accurat Armour. The kit comes with both resin and PE parts and you got more parts than you actually needs. This is why I cut my finger, since I was trying to remove the front tow hook. This was not installed before after ODS, and my references clearly shows this. The PE sheet got plenty of usefull stuff, as padlocks, hooks etc. With the Resin you get spent ammo cartridges water cans and additional stowage. Sorry to say the instructions are not very precise and the pictures are a bit confusing. Some of the resin parts needed a lot of filling as well. However, it has been an enjoyable build so far (except the finger incident) and I think it will turn out rather nice. Next update will be in the Modern Armour string.

Erik
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 06:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys.
Thank you for all your "warm concerns" about my finger (which btw is still attached to my hand) :-) :-) :-)

Erik

We're not concerned about your finger, a man of your calibre could easily "scratch" a new one.
 _GOTOTOP