My miniart Ukrain house progress
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 07:15 PM UTC
Hey Guys,
This is my Miniart Ukrain house so far. I scratched the entire roof, added some torn curtains, and some random items to the attic area. Next up is the lower floor. Still have to finish the winows and doors, and some other destroyed house hold items. I'm also thinking about adding a chimney. Let me know what ya think.

Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 07:26 PM UTC
Brian, looks great! I shouldn't think you would have to add a chimney, unless you'rer thinking of adding a fireplace etc. inside the building? Just remember...LOADS of dirty blak dust in the attic space! That looks fantastic. I've had my doubts about these MiniArt buildings, but you've proved just what can be done with them.

Vinnie
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 07:28 PM UTC
VERY nice, Brian!
I really like what you're doing with this kit so far...can't wait to see more! What do you think of the kit, overall, mate?
Gunny
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 07:28 PM UTC
Hello brian,
I think your house is coming along nicely,im no expert on Ukranian houses so i am unsure of the external wall construction,if they are a brick or block construction then maybe you should show this on the cross section parts of the broken walls.at the moment they look like a single cast product of concrete or similar.If this is the construction method of this tyoe of house then please ignore me as i said i am no expert on these type houses.
Cant wait to see finished result,looks like it will be a job well done
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 07:29 PM UTC
I love the wall to wall carpeting...

It looks good, I like the roof square pattern.
My one critique would be about the stuff in the attic.. Don't know if the owners would have stored stuff in the space. I know we do here in the US now, but just don't know if that was done during that time period?

The windows and seams look really good for vacu form pieces.
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 07:48 PM UTC
Hey Guys, I appreciate the comments. To answer some questions,
Vinnie-Yes, there would be a fireplace to go along with the chimney, I still haven't decided on it yet though. And I agree with the dust, I have added some, but am waiting to finish the rest of the house before adding more.
Gunny-Overall, I give the kit a "c-" The directons are very vague, and there are some fit issues. Part of the reason I scratched the roof was because of fit problem, along with the lack of detail. I like the subject, and with some carefull work, it can be built up to look pretty good.
1969-I'm far from an expert on Ukrain houses as well. I have no Idea about the construction, but since the cross section is molded plastic, I'm kinda stuck with what I have.
Slodder-I like the carpet comment. As far as the attic space, I agree. I originally was going to put some bedroom furniture in there, but there wasn't much room, and I thougt it might look too crowded.
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 03:03 AM UTC
that looks great. I'd heard dubious reports about the quality of these kits and the fit....you've done a fantastic job, I think it's turned out just right. The attic looks really interesting, especially those ripped curtains up the window....very atmospheric.

A chimney stack would look good, but I'd be tempted to build it into a wall that finished the "footprint" of the house, maybe just half of it on a destroyed wall opposite that wall with the attic window - but I'm sure whatever you decide on will look great if it's in keeping with the standards seen so far !!

Good luck !
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hey John,
Thanks for the comment. I like your chimney idea, it's very similair to what I was planning, but since the house won't be the center piece of the dio, I will probably skip the chimney. Thanks agin,
Brian
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 03:53 AM UTC
Looking good so far Brian. I really like what you´ve done to the roof. I still believe these kits make a good basis for a house or whatever, but it takes a bit of skill and bit of adding-to (not to mention time) to bring them up to a an aceptable standard. Please keep us updated.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 06:17 AM UTC
Good job sofar Brain, I like your work on the roof. I have build up the main components of this house, and agree that there is a fit issue with the roof. What is that on the inside on the walls? Plaster?
Any plans for a dio yet? I think that the extra wall for the front yard gives some great options to add a multitude of farm implements, to make a realy busy dio. I'm thinking of using it with my Radiotruck (Well, when I ever get round to finishing that.. :-) ).

Looking good sofar, keep us posted.

Cheers
Henk
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 07:07 AM UTC
Woah, you too with the vacu-form, very good job Brian, see...... the kit is a little off and it induces you to put a roof on. Then there will be something else to add , more ideas more additions and the next thing you know you've built yourself a town.
Well you and Henk have done a great job on these questionable kits. I like the distressted timber by the destroyed opening, along with the broken up roof.
Good build, and show us some more pics.
Cheyenne
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 01:33 PM UTC
HEllo, May be these photos can help. The ruined house is very similar to ukranian house from miniart. the photos are taken in Russia

Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 05:36 PM UTC
Thanks a lot Blockhaus, those are great pics. It gives me some ideas!
BigJon
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 11:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey John,
Thanks for the comment. I like your chimney idea, it's very similair to what I was planning, but since the house won't be the center piece of the dio, I will probably skip the chimney. Thanks agin,
Brian

if your house isn't the centrepiece and that looks so nice...I wanna know what the centrpiece is !!!

Any clues Brian ??? come on, give us a hint
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

if your house isn't the centrepiece and that looks so nice...I wanna know what the centrpiece is !!!

To right

Mind you, knowing the size of the house, I want to know the size of the diorama... :-)
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 01:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

To right

Mind you, knowing the size of the house, I want to know the size of the diorama... :-)

Alright, you guys are starting to scare me! The center piece is going to be my Tiger getting reloaded and having some maintence done to it. There will also be a munitionschlepper in the dio along with 7-8 figures. I'm trying to keep it as small as possible. That's why I probably won't do the chimney, or add the small side wall that comes with this house.
dvs911
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 07:19 AM UTC
I like the idea of using an aluminum can for the roof.
BigJon
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 12:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alright, you guys are starting to scare me! The center piece is going to be my Tiger getting reloaded and having some maintence done to it. There will also be a munitionschlepper in the dio along with 7-8 figures.

It's not me you need to be scared of, I'm just big to look scary....it's Henk with the sprue clippers you need to worry about !!

Well mate if you continue the rest of the diorama to the same standard you have with the house I think this one is going to be a treat !!!
 _GOTOTOP