_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Last Post "visuals"
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 05:47 AM UTC
I know this is kind of "whiney," but will the "Last Post" feature be included again? I really do enjoy ArmoramA, hell, even after "MY" recent problems/issues, I come here religiously.

I ask this because the "Last Post" feature made it VERY easy to see if there were additional posts (since last viewing) to the forums/topics I watch or am interested in. No, I'd rather not subscribe to "everything."

This is merely a convenience issue to me. I find myself spending a little extra time “searching” the forums (General Modeling, Armor/AFV, Dioramas, Site Talk, the DSB, et al) for updates.

Anyhow, I hope it returns.

Mike (++) (++)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 07:31 AM UTC
Don't understand what is happening to you. I've been using the "Latest Posts" selection every day.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 07:56 AM UTC
Robin,

If I click "forums," the middle column, "Last Post," shows "no posts." Before the server change, it would always show the latest posts. It had the "highlighted" topic (latest post) shown with the little yellow box with black checkmark. That feature, with the ongoing upgrades, was a NICE feature. It really made things easier to see what was "going on." I realize that Jim S "disabled" this because of bandwidth(?) or some such issue. I merely hope it'll be "put back in place" soon. Again, in the FORUMs section, it does not show, BUT, if you select ONE OF THE TOPICS, it will show the latest (by date) threads.

Hope this defines what I was talking about.

[edit- this is what I am referring to:

}

Mike (++) (++)
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 08:02 AM UTC
Just a question, wouldn't it be easier and more effective to use the atest post page? The last post thing only shows one post, whereas the latest post page shows all of the recent posts, from all of the forums on one page. Just seems a little more efficient.

BTW Where ist der lisst! (++) :-)
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 08:09 AM UTC
Hey,

Maybe I am braindead; explain:
Quoted Text

wouldn't it be easier and more effective to use the atest post page?

.....I may merely be "lost." How, where do I get this???

As far as:
Quoted Text

BTW Where ist der lisst!

Es ist on mein 'puter avaiting ze lockink of ze DSB nummer funf und sie responze vom der Moderator. With that, it is done, should I just post it??????????/

Mike (++) (++)
[edit - ahhah!!!!! I have looked again, and found it. DUH!!! Still, when you go to the main forums page, it would be easier, but.........] Yep, braindead.....too much homework and work! ]
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 08:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey,

Maybe I am braindead; explain:
Quoted Text

wouldn't it be easier and more effective to use the atest post page?

.....I may merely be "lost." How, where do I get this???

As far as:
Quoted Text

BTW Where ist der lisst!

Es ist on mein 'puter avaiting ze lockink of ze DSB nummer funf und sie responze vom der Moderator. With that, it is done, should I just post it??????????/

Mike (++) (++)

You know on the front page it has a "in forums" section? Look to the right of that. It's also at the top of any forum page, under the little arrows that look like this...Homepage>>>Forums>>>Site Talk

And yes, you shoukd just post it. Dave doesn't show up enough to maintain reliable communication through PMs....At least I think so anyway...
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 08:16 AM UTC
I understand where Mike is coming from, and I kind of hope this is something that will be coming back. Myself since taking over as moderator of The History Club forum I was in the habit of going to forums, scrolling down to see if there were any new posts on any thread on that forum, and then checking it out. I can and do use the "latest posts" page, but if there have been a lot of posts since the last time I came on I can miss something. Sure I can also go into the actual forum to see if there are any new posts, it's just that it is changing the routine that I had been used to. It's certainly possible to work around it, but I liked the way it used to be.

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 08:18 AM UTC
David,

Found it. again, DUH!.........................

Quoted Text

And yes, you shoukd just post it. Dave doesn't show up enough to maintain reliable communication through PMs....At least I think so anyway...

Consider it done come tomorrow! I'll post it and await the beatings for having forgot someone or something!!

Mike (++) (++)
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 08:21 AM UTC
Rodger,

Thank you........

Quoted Text

changing the routine that I had been used to. It's certainly possible to work around it, but I liked the way it used to be.

That is what I was trying to convey. Routine, easy, normal, used to, comfortable . We shall go on.

Mike (++) (++)
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:09 PM UTC
Mike you got your wish!!!!!

The last post is now working as of mins. ago.

A BIG thank you staff_jim

Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:21 PM UTC
It was a coding issue with the new server's software. It only took me 2 nights to get something working again. Apparently the old sql statements were too much of an exercise and were getting stalled.

And yes I can understand non-regular users using the "last post" feature...but I still think some of you are missing out on this page:

LATEST POSTS

Jim
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 08:13 AM UTC
Glad "Last Posts" is working again -- thanks Jim !!!

I prefer "Last Posts" on the Form list because I only care about selected forums; "Latest Posts" includes places I'll not visit ...

John
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 08:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It was a coding issue with the new server's software. It only took me 2 nights to get something working again. Apparently the old sql statements were too much of an exercise and were getting stalled.

And yes I can understand non-regular users using the "last post" feature...but I still think some of you are missing out on this page:

LATEST POSTS

Jim

Jim, THANK YOU. I can be "anal-retentive" at times; COMFORTABLE is nice. I am again, comfortable.

Rodger, we got our "wish."

John, likewise. There are about 6 or 7 forums that I really like...now I can quickly see what's up!

Sweet!!!!!!!! Again, thanks BIG DUDE!

Mike (++) (++)

P.S. Jim, I sent you a "PM" through the form regarding A Guard. Did you get it? Mike
 _GOTOTOP