Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 05:03 AM UTC
Just got AFV Club's M88 from Vietnam... I know there were treads about the kit, but here I go again:

1. is there anything that needs to be corrected?
2. any good references (on the web)?
3. any tips on the kit itself?

Thanks,
Mario M.
CARFACE
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 07:34 AM UTC
Hi Maki,
Do yourself a favor and get the Darlington Publications book on this vehicle. It helped me a great deal.While it concentrates on the M88A1 most of the pics will apply to the base vehicle.
Although it's expensive ($60US),I can also recomend the MR Models ( MR-31) interior kit. With the large side hatches it begs for an interior.
Hope this helps
GoodLuck!
Chuck
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Although it's expensive ($60US),I can also recomend the MR Models ( MR-31) interior kit. With the large side hatches it begs for an interior.

I've seen that interior kit, but thought it is waaay to expensive... What do you get in the kit? Have you made the model with the interior?

Mario M.
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 08:42 AM UTC
I've just browsed trough some suppliers webpages and couldn't find Darlington book... It states it is OOP.

GreatModels has the interior for $52. Hmm... a lot of money..

Mario M.
CARFACE
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 08:56 PM UTC
Hi Mario,
I can't remember all that's included in the interior kit but give me a day or so and I'll dig up the instruction sheet which has a parts list IIRC. I'll scan it for you and either post it in the MSN group photos or e-mail it to you. It's pretty extensive as well as expensive!
Chuck
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2002 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can't remember all that's included in the interior kit but give me a day or so and I'll dig up the instruction sheet which has a parts list IIRC. I'll scan it for you and either post it in the MSN group photos or e-mail it to you. It's pretty extensive as well as expensive!

Thanks Chuck, that would be great. BTW, I have found much cheaper solution for interior: Accurate Armor carries MR Models stuff and they want 20 pounds for it (around $30!!!).. I think I'll give it a go.

Mario M.
 _GOTOTOP