Hosted by Darren Baker
New T-55 gets a five star review
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 06:07 AM UTC
Just saw a review for the Tamiya T-55 at track-link.net. Five stars.

Actually says it may be the best armor kit Tamiya has ever produced!

Sounds like it may be a good one!

Steve
basturk
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 06:30 AM UTC
Yup heard its good as well. And the completed kit definitely looks good from the pictures i ve seen on magazines........ Promised myself I would get my hands on it some day!Hmmm......maybe after Ive completed half of my undone kits on the shelf.........
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 06:41 AM UTC
Like I posted in the T55's in Vermont thread, I got mine today. And I WILL be breaking finish 2 of the undones before starting something new rule for this one.
I've got 9 days of vacation left, hopefully enough time to finish one T55ootb ..

Currently eating lunch and flipping through reference books for motivation.. soviet, polish or czech...??

I want to use that BEAUTIFUL aamg , so its down to Sov or Polish..

Everyone will do the Sov vers with the AAmg, and those stowage boxes on the turret look pretty funky as does all that mg ammo.. Polish it is

Mike

MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 09:59 AM UTC
Hi,

My Tamiya T-55 arrived today. I ordered it about a week ago in Rainbow10. And without paying extra money for UPS delivery- I received it within one week (including X-mas). I must admit Japan and Polish post work excellent

I fully agree with your opinions about this kit. It's simply OUTSTANDING. Mr Tamiya confirmed us who build the best kits.

First of my T-55 will be built in Polish camouflage for sure. It will be modified AM2 version which is called MERIDA. But next week I plan to check Polish military newspapers to find photos of tanks in 2-colour winter camouflage.

Regards,

Michal
 _GOTOTOP