_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Baby Powder for Snow?
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 06:49 AM UTC
Would It work?

Also, How would you make tracks in the celluclay from a tank without getting the tank messy?
basturk
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 06:59 AM UTC
Welcome to this wonderful site Chip!!
I ve seen dioramas that uses baby powder for snow and so apparently it works. Never tried it myself though. As for the celluclay problem you could lay a plastic bag on the wet clay before pressing down the tracks to leave an impression on the groundwork.
Happy modelling!
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 07:33 AM UTC
Lots of tanks come with some extra links that you dont use on the model. What I do is use two of the links and glue a rib on them so the track links are the same distance apart as one the model. After the celluclay sets up a bit I press the track "dummy" into the celluclay behind were the tank has driven.
Hope this helps and you can understand it, it is a little hard to explain.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 11:47 AM UTC
That baby powder has been tried often, and it works. Just be careful about glue : it might turn yellow. I think you best use white paint and add the powder while it's still wet and sticky.

About the tracks :
1) whey can't they be dirty ? ? ?
2) if you want to show clean tracks in mud, you may try to imprint them over a sheet of kitchen cling foil ?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 01:07 PM UTC
Chip250

To convince you about the baby powder
this is snow made of babypowder in a dio I made for the dio contest here on Armorama

The big secret here is don`t use glue. First pour the baby powder on your dio. Then spray it over with hairspray/fixative If you spray you`ll probably loose the half of your snow but if you repeat those two steps until you are satisfied with your snow. Then you really have snow where you get cold from :-) :-)

About the tracks I can`t say more then what just is mentioned just pu some of this kitchenfoil on your track and push the tank softly on it after your groundwork is hardened you can sand it a little bit till you`r satisfied

this were my two cents hope it`s of any help

_GOTOTOP