_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Big N Beefy (Abandoned T-34) Completed
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 02:52 AM UTC
This is my Russian Big and Beefy Campaign submission. It is called, "For the Mother Land" as this T-34 and its crew have paid the ultimate price in defense of their home land.

The model is Dragon's T-34-76 Model 1941 (built out of box), but beaten up to simulate a tank that's been damaged and abandoned.

The base is shaped pink construction grade styrofoam that's been sanded to shape and then finished with various model railroad scenic items.

I know this thing doesn't look like much but a lot of hours went into this one. Noodling around with the indi links to simulate blast damage, (based on an actual knocked out T-34 pic), and simulating the rear hull and deck damage took a lot of time -- and to be honest a bit stressful when you start hacking into a perfectly good model kit . Dragon has a really good kit here as fit is excellent, the directions are very clear, and the parts are will molded.

I'm hoping a batch of pics of this little scene will be accepted here for a Models on Display. I encourage all the other Big and Beefy Campaign participants to submit your pics to the site for Models on Display or Features.

Thanks for looking, and my thanks to all of you that are participating in the Big and Beefy Campaign.

Steve

A black and white view of the pic above.

A look at the rear hull damage/engine fire area. This pic was taken prior to completion of the model and placement on the dio base.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 03:23 AM UTC
mmhmm,looks verie nices.The rust effect is quite striking.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 04:39 AM UTC
THat's Big n Beefy and cooked for sure!!
 _GOTOTOP