_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy Achilles Tools
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 12:38 AM UTC
All the reviews,etc say they're in the wrong places but no one gives a correction.I've seen pics of the Academy stowage arrangement on Achilles in the Italian theatre with the axe& track adjuster on the lower rear plate but in the ETO they are on top. Is this the problem? All pictures show the rest of the tools in the same places .Comments?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 03:38 AM UTC
I have seen some reviewers say the same thing. I do not believe this to be entirerly true. I have a couple pics showing tools all on the rear plate, some on both the rear plate and engine deck, and some on the hull sides.
U.S. M10's and Achilles (17lb.) versions have all these differing configuations in both the Italian and European theaters. I have nothing that states British definite changes.
I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 12:27 PM UTC
hi guys, i've seen stuff in squadrons US TANK DESTOYERS that leads to no one location being right. think of this, there are tanks, crews, and welding equipment, and worse of all wading trunks!!!!!!!! when they were attached some tools had to be moved from the "rear plate location" and put somewhere else. i also must note that not every thing was secured down after use. i've seen pics where the tools where tied down with rope on the back of a tank. so you can really check your photos and do what you like. stug
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 01:16 AM UTC
Yes,many of the ETO pics show the remains of wading gear which would interfere with lower plate stowage when fully in place.There is a commonality in photos for placement but as you say,crews will be crews,and things get shoved in places when necessary. Thanks for your views,I think I'll not worry about this any longer. JOCK
 _GOTOTOP