_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Logging on to Kitmaker
Gloss
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 77 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 04:36 PM UTC
Jim,

I am wondering why, after already signing on to Armorama, we have to sign in again onto Kitmaker to view the enlarged pictures in the galleries.

Surely it would be more convenient for everyone, if signing on to Armorama gave you permission to see all on Kitmaker too.

Many thanks.

Mark
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:13 AM UTC
Mark,
Web site logins are generally tied to a top-level-domain (TLD). So what you are rightly asking for is not as easy as it sounds. At one point we did have the gallery working under a single login, but since we use it on different sites (armorama.com, armorama.co.uk, tfactory.org, kitmaker.net, etc) the company that created the software wanted to charge me a license fee for every unique URL the software was used on (even though it was only one installation).

So we have what we have now.

In the future I will likely try to have a system where you can access all the sites under a single TLD. And that would facilitate one login. Or I may try to implement a cookie-less login system, but they can be rather tricky and also don't allow for the easy return to the site (being still logged in). Think Bank login.

Cheers,
Jim
Gloss
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 77 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:44 AM UTC
Jim,

Many thanks for explaining this for me and others who may have wondered about this too.

Mark
 _GOTOTOP