Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Roden IS-3
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 02:15 PM UTC
Just picked up this little kit in 1/72 scale. I didn't know anything about the kit and all I knew about Roden is many aircraft builders talked highly about their esoteric 1/72 scale aircraft kits.

This kit is very nicely done and I am impressed with the level of detail and hull/turret armor relief. For those of you who see this thing on the shelves, it's well worth the $9 price tag.

The machine gun is nicely molded and better than most 1/35 scale kits! The vinyl tracks are nicely done and include two spare block sections. One downfall I see is the hatches are molded closed. It would have been neat to have the option, but I can live with it. It's not like I'd do a figure in this scale. Now for some PE!
Haywire
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 03:16 PM UTC
I have this one sitting on the shelf. I just saw it at a show also. It was well done and everyone there that knew the kit raved about it. Modern Russian armor is not really my bag, but I may try this one just to see what all the hub-bub was about.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 04:00 PM UTC
I picked up the Armo barrel (#72717) and Extra Tech (#EXV 72046) from Tracks-n-Troops in Belgium. Nice detail sets.
 _GOTOTOP