_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Up-Armored Hmmwv's (m1114 & m1116)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 02:16 PM UTC
Does anyone have any info (Drawings inparticular) on these?
I'm looking for the differences between these & a "normal" Hmmwv.
I see the grill is out further........

Thanks,

Matt
sarge18
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 03:54 PM UTC
Have a couple in our motorpool, since we share it with 1 CAV's MP company, will snap some pictures at some point, but basically, the differences from a M1025 and an M1114 are pretty broad. The suspension is stronger, gives a beefier, less woosie appearance to the truck, upgrade engine. The base unit is a standard HUMVEE chassis, with added items. On the hood, where the headlights are mounted, that piece is removed, and stuck further out to accomodate an upgraded cooling system and larger engine. Comes standard with a winch in the front, with some having a winch in the rear. Moving back, the windshield mount is a flat panel, with small windows. The sides of the vehicle have slabs of light armor mounted on it, back to the rear wheel well. Also extra armor on the floor, underneath where it usually isn't seen. Doors are all large, solid, with no mold points, made basically from a solid sheet of Kevlar, with thick bullet resistant windows(hate to say bullet proof). Normal interior, with a sliding panel splitting the rear cargo area and the front, also somewhat bullet resistant. Right side gas cap covered by an armor panel. The rear slanted cargo cover is a modification from the standard one, with louvers on the left side for the airconditioning, and with portions of armor joining the difference between the armor on the sides and roof with the stand rear part of the shell. Roof is thicker than normal, with a standard machine gun cupola with a TOW type mount for items such as LRAS. Going to take a series of pictures at some point, soon, when I get off the holiday schedule, and as long as I am not heading elsewhere. Hope it helps, Jed Sargent
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 10:13 PM UTC
The profile of the roof is slightly different, since the roof panel is a flat plate of armor, curved downward at the sides. The windshield windows are a bit smaller, but visibly thicker with armor glass in them. I have also seen versions with smoke grenade dischargers mounted at the four corners of the roof. I see them all the time in northern Bosnia, but haven't gotten the chance to shoot pics. I'll let everyone know when I do.
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 03:07 AM UTC
Thanks Guys it does help. I'm in the process of contacting the Manufacturer (Base is AM General Armor is someone else I found the link @ AM General's Site)

Matt

sarge18
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 05:32 AM UTC
We had them in Bosnia, when they were the XM1114, very interesting buggies. The MP Up armored Hummers have the smoke grenade launchers, same ones as on the M113/Bradley, with a different mount. Whoever works on a conversion is going to have a fun time, as in should be fairly easy, since the base is a standard Humvee chassis, and the majority of the changes could be replicated with thick styrene, to make masters. Hmmmm. Makes me wish I had more time and skill.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 07:01 AM UTC
Hey sarge18 you said 1st CAV?Where are you stationed at amigo?
sarge18
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 04:35 PM UTC
1-12 Cav. *chuckle*
armyarne
Visit this Community
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
KitMaker: 49 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 03:22 AM UTC
Hi,

for more info look for the website of O´Gara-Hess and Eisenhartd/Ohio. They are building the M1114 update.

armyarne
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 04:36 AM UTC
I've found *some* info there. I tried e-mailing them for more info Still no reply........
They must not like to give out info....... (I only aked for some "general" dimensional info.
 _GOTOTOP