_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
DSB Campaign Proposal
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 03:13 AM UTC
Ladies, Gentlemen, my fellow Pocine Porkers, (and prospective Piggies) I offer up this as a proposal to a for a Der Sonntag Bund Club campaign!

I believe that this proposed campaign will meet the requirement of: "an activity that spotlights/highlights one area or aspect of the Site" which is, of course, the DSB. (++)

I would ask that resonses be submitted here, the DSB Campaign Proposal , but they can certainly be put here and will be responded to!

Proposed Rule Set:

1) the model must be military in nature.

2) it must have two or more wheels and/or tracks (or one wheel and two tracks, or two wheels and one track?), and/or wings and/or a keel (basically, any military vehicle from the Land, Air, or Sea forces).

3) MUST be painted PINK, or in a predominantly PINK scheme.

4) should have catchy slogan painted on the side (in ANY language as long as it's translated PRIOR to submission and, sorry, will not be, you know, offensive). The slogan is recommended for "unit cohesiveness," but not required.

(How does one translate "Lay the smack down on 'dem puppies" or "Beware you Fluvian (sp?) curs!" into Russian???? [ I ask this as my submission would be a T72M2])

5) any scale, any era, and because we are a no-boundry, international gathering, a vehicle of any nationality.

6) submissions can only be made by "registered" members of the DSB.

Current "registration" submissions and/or requests for membership are posted in the DSB Forum under DSB Roll Call Part V.

7) the model MUST include the member's PIG number on it....be it hull number, tail number, license plate number, or other such number, as long as it is the member's number.

Suggested start date would be June 1, 2006 with an end date of December 1, 2006. I would think this could be ammeded +/- a month or so if the general consensus (or the powers-that-be) so wished.

Campaign Title:

This is open for suggestions, for a bit longer. Ideas will be condsidered, under concensus, but the "Request for Campaign" will be submitted NLT 9 April 2006.

Questions Concerns Comments ??? Please post or PM me.

Mike (++) (++)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 03:52 AM UTC
As the DSB is a restricted forum (only folk who opt in can enter) I believe you should just keep this "in house" and between DSB members only in the DSB forum and not as a main stream campaign.

Cheers
Cliff
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 04:27 AM UTC

That is my idea too.Have it in thread.The campaign list is long and busy,we would have to wait for a start date.If we do it in thread,there would be no rela wait.Also,we can display the images of the finished vehicles in the main forum.Sort of a "look what fun we piggies have!"
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:48 AM UTC
Cliff (Roo) is absolutely correct here, this is a group build, not under any stretch of the imagination anything which should be considered a campaign.

Quoted Text

3) MUST be painted PINK, or in a predominantly PINK scheme.

4) should have catchy slogan painted on the side (in ANY language as long as it's translated PRIOR to submission and, sorry, will not be, you know, offensive). The slogan is recommended for "unit cohesiveness," but not required

I don't see how these two 'conditions' can possibly add annything to the site and the campaigns which are running, were ran and are planned for the future. IMHO, it's (at best) absurd, at worst at total waste of time to use a campaign 'docket' on something which can be run on a closed forum.

Basically, it should be left where it belongs, in the 'DSB' forum - not, on the main site...Jim

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 04:17 AM UTC
Cliff, you are correct...it be staying "in-house." Carl, got it!! Jim, absurd? Not for the DSB. Others?? Perhaps, but who's to say? But you too are correct...with the limited Campaigns that can run, it'll stay within the DSB.

EOT!!!!!!!!! (as far as I'm concerned)

Mike (++) (++)

end of topic
 _GOTOTOP