Trees, shrubs, nature and animals.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Static grass help.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 05:18 AM UTC
I need to know aproximatly the dimensions you can cover with a bag of static grass from: Hudson and allen, Teck star, and/or Verlinden.

Also, which do you think is best or good.

The reason i ask is because these three brans are simplest for me to obtain and its hard to see the quantity their is on a picture.

Francois
jabo6
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 276 posts
Armorama: 152 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 05:46 AM UTC
Hi there. Im not sure how far a bag wil go as their all different sizes, and it depends on how thick you want your grass cover.ie. a suburban lawn or apatchy field. However one bag goes a long way. If you have access to a model railroad store it can be cheaper to buy it there. They will probably have a greater colour range so you can custom make the shades you want. The german co.NOCH makes alot of different shades at good prices, they also have a handy dispenser kind of like a sqeeze bottle. Its defantly the best way to apply static grass. If you put your base inside a low sided card board box ie.the kit box.apply the grass via the dispenser then blow across it, this will cause the grass to stand up, any loose grass will be trapped in the box where it can be rounded up and used again.hope this helps
EMT5911
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 87 posts
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2006 - 07:33 AM UTC
I posted something like this not too long ago. I picked up the Woodland Scenics static grass and some of the Verlinden stuff. The Verlinden stuff is like 5 bucks for like a little baggie and the Woodland Scenics stuff is like 8 bucks for one of those industrial sized spice container size. They make something along the lines of 5 different shades so you can mix and match for the desired effect. I have only so far picked up the light and dark green but they do have burned and med and another one. Check out their website and compare. Dont forget a little air/drybrushing for just the right effect goes a long way too. Hope it helps.

Z.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2006 - 08:17 AM UTC
I have two bags of different shades which I blend together. Each bag says covers 45 cubic inches. I've had them for over 20 years
 _GOTOTOP