_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Vietnam dio
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 09:43 PM UTC
my latest nam dio that ive been raving about is done, and the pics should be in soon, just one last idea, the theme to it is they just were ambushed but the VC retereated, but i was thinking, should i have some vc surrendered or what? what do u think? if so, who makes figures like that, and does anyone know of any vietnam(im talkin 1:35 by the way) accesories for us, eg. helmets, flasks, guns, etc. well, thnx, cheers
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 11:46 PM UTC
You have to be a very poorly disciplined soldier to be captured on your own ambush. If an ambush is set correctly there should be nobody left to take you prisioner. If you think you cannot achieve this then policy is not to conduct the ambush but to let them go past (situation permitting) If you did want a prisioner in your scene I would make him injured, this would explain why he has been left behind.
Robbo
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 06:09 AM UTC
Sounds like a pretty cool dio. As for Vietnam accessories I wold try Verlinden. They have a Vietnam Vechile Storage set you can use. The helmets can not be glue onto the figure heads though. Theres a few shotgune, crates, Flak Vest, with pistol Belt, and a Shirt wiht a M-16 on it. Theres also about 6 M-16 ammo pouches some with and some with out Grenades on the sides of them. For weapons DML has 2 nice sets you can use. a M-16 and a AK-47 weapons set both have Vietnam era weapons in it.

Hope that helps
Mike
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 05:18 PM UTC
thanks guys, yeah with the VC, i didnt explain properly, i was intending on them being injured, but only 1 or 2 guys, not a whole lot of vc, cheers
 _GOTOTOP