_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tamiya Centurion mk v
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 05:05 AM UTC
Hi all
Has anyone built this kit (the motorised version) and if so have they any comments on it? TIA
Regards
Peter
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 09:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anyone built this kit (the motorised version) and if so have they any comments on it?

Yes, I have a motorized one (wired remote I believe). I built the kit in the Korean War scheme (with white star). IIRC I used the mantlet with the molded on canvas cover so the main gun did not elevate. I built it about 20+ years ago and don't recall much particulars.
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anyone built this kit (the motorised version) and if so have they any comments on it? TIA

I am currently in the process of making a Six-Day War Israeli version. I added an AEF Design M68 105mm cannon tube (I planned on doing this version 10 years ago...). One thing I did was not install the motor...duh...because then I had no place to mount the drive sprockets, as the axle for the sprockets was integral with the motorization unit.

A few notes so far...
Big gaps between the turret and the storage boxes. Nothing miliput can't fix.
The canvas mantlet cover had some gaps...again miliput. the cover is actually not bad.
The smoke grenade discharger bracket mounting points are these big slots in the turret front. Once the mounts are inserted, the gaps are pretty noticable...putty, please...
(I needed to delete these mounts and the holes altogether based on my references...lots o' putty...)

The hull upper and lower fit is ok...gotta fiddle with it. I'll try to take some digitals tonight and see if you can use them.

Not bad for a 30 year old kit...
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 04:26 AM UTC
Thank you for your replies gentlemen,they are much appreciated
Regards
Peter :-)
 _GOTOTOP