_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
My Humvee Campaign Submission
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 09:42 PM UTC
http://photos.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/127594/cat/500/ppuser/3355

Well, the image of this M998 will be the basis of the model for my campaign submission. I know its a bit early, but I can hardly wait! LOL
Someone had posted this image here a couple of months back suggesting it would be a relatively easy build. After close examination of this picture and my knowledge of the Tamiya M1025 kit, I think it is going to be a bit more difficult then expected. However, I welcome the challenge. As stated, I will be using the Tamyia M1025 kit as the basis, along with the Calibre 35 Humvee open cab conversion, eduard photo etch, Figures from Dragons Modern US Marines to depict the crew, and many misc accessories from the scrap box for gear. Well, I can hardly wait to see everyone elses submission for the campaign! I'll be counting the days until then! Cya's!
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 09:51 PM UTC

Nice looking Humvee. Looking forward to see your project.

Erik
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC
Hey, thanks for posting that picture! I never have any luck posting pictures on here LOL Are you doing the Humvee campaign???
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 10:53 PM UTC
Sorry, but no. I have more than enough with the campaigns I'm allready enrolled in :-)

Posting picture is no big deal. Open the pic you want to post, click the first "copy to clipboard" button under the picture (there are three buttons). Then right click and paste the URL into your post. It is smart to have the gallery opened in another window for easy access to your post. Don't worry, It is really easy.

Erik
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:10 PM UTC
This Humvee will look very cool 'Trouble'! Nice to see a bit of kit bashing and converting
Check this out for some detailed pics of the Humvee
http://www.tpub.com/content/hummer/ Have a look through the link on the page and somewhere there is loads of manual info on the special forces versions with plenty of detailed drawings of all the components.
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 352 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:48 PM UTC
found that a while ago - it's a monster!

where is the special forces bit? there's so much to go through!!!!
 _GOTOTOP