_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Shilka Interior
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hi All,
Anyone tried the Trakz ZSU23-4 interior yet? and if so what do you think?
Tom
bother37
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 02:46 AM UTC
Terry Ashley did a review on PMMS, and it looks pretty good. He's got some shot of it actually fitted to the kit, so you get an idea of how it works. Looks nice!
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 05:01 AM UTC
Hi, guys .... I know this is kind of out of the ordinary, but I designed/built the Shilka master patterns (among others) for VLS and would like to ask for some help.
As I'm always interested in feedback, I'd enjoy your comments and critiques regarding this, or any other interior set I design. But specifically, I'd like to know how you found the fit of the interior - its detail and accuracy, and every bit as importantly, a word or two regarding how I can improve future releases.
As a pattern-maker, the most significant dilemma I face is finding an acceptable balance of detail, accuracy and castability for the subject matter I'm commissioned to build. I have to satisfy production requirements, while also creating something worthy of a modeler's efforts. Sometimes you have to make decisions regarding the amount of detail involved based aspects you have absolutely no control over, while other facets of the build let you add every nut and bolt you can find! I can say without hesitation that Chris Mrosko (Chilihead) and VLS are the very best at what they do! With each interior set I send them they are challenged with my somewhat unorthodox designs, and they are always equal to the task. Those guys are incredible!
Anywho, please respond to me here or directly at [email protected] if you have any concerns regarding past, current or future releases. The proverbial door is always open, fellas. The only way I can try to produce a superior product is if you guys lend a hand ..

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 06:43 AM UTC
Will do Mike, once we get our hands on a copy!

Glad it has seen the light of day. I remember waiting for the KIRIN interior to show up...ah, the bad old days. Anyhow, from the long distance shots I have seen, it looks good. Now to get a copy to throw in a model...
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
KitMaker: 986 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 06:47 AM UTC
i'm interested in the shilka interior as well.... apart from VLS and trakz, are there other model companies that makes the interior?

... does the VLS set include both turret interior and driver's space? any idea on the $$ for the VLS set??

thanks.
moose
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... does the VLS set include both turret interior and driver's space? any idea on the $$ for the VLS set??

Yes, the set has the full turret interior and driver's compartment.

A full review with images of the parts fitted to the Dragon kit is available here which may help to answer any questions?

Trakz Shilka Interior review

Cheers
Terry A

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
KitMaker: 986 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yes, the set has the full turret interior and driver's compartment.

A full review with images of the parts fitted to the Dragon kit is available here which may help to answer any questions?

Trakz Shilka Interior review

Cheers
Terry A

thanks terry... i really enjoyed the reviews on PMMS ...

um, can the driver's interior space from Trakz be used on trumpeter's SA-6 vehicle? they have the same chassis right?
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:26 AM UTC
Nope, the SA-6 crew sat three-abreast in the hull while only the driver occupied the space in the Shilka. Gee, ya would of thought someone would have produced a simple SA6 interior, huh?

Mike
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 10:06 AM UTC
If you want to see the interior of a SA6 look here
www.militaryvehicles.cz
Some of the instrument panels look the same as Drumthumper's Shilka interior.
It's a pay to view site of Checoslovakian vehicles but the thumbnails are available.
When I (finally) get around to buying the SA6 I might try scratching some of the open hatches along the sides.
Tom
Sorry can't remember how to make the link live
armormike
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 11:13 PM UTC
Interior looks very nice. I have taken it out of the box and looked at it. Feel this will add alot to a very interesting kit. Now for someone to do a BMP interior. Or even better a BMP-3 interior for Trumpeter's when it comes out.
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Interior looks very nice. I have taken it out of the box and looked at it. Feel this will add alot to a very interesting kit. Now for someone to do a BMP interior. Or even better a BMP-3 interior for Trumpeter's when it comes out.

You might already know of this one or not, but I know of one set (presently).

http://panzershop.cz

If you search by army, under modern Russia there is one.

I have no clue about the accuracy of anything they sell (let alone the interior sets), or how good or bad the service of this store is.

Olivier Carneau (bison126) has done a review of a Panzer Shop kit, and might be able to tell you about the service of the store.

They got loads of Russian/Eastern European stuff.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 07:14 PM UTC
The interior Panzershops is selling comes from AEF Designs. If all the parts are in the box, and if it was made on a good day, it will probably be ok to start from. There are, however, reasons to worry about ommisions of parts, mis-cast parts, and some lack of detail.

So far as I know, looking at some of the interior sets, these are from the same general molds that were used inthe early 1990's...a good start but rather basic. I personally would not drop $46.20 for it.

That said, Panzershop itself does outstanding kits and I can recomend their specific products (I have several of their kits in my basement .)
 _GOTOTOP