_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
How to contact Staff_Jim?
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 07:02 AM UTC
I am trying to contact Staff_Jim regarding a GIF image.

This is the error I received:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

I am not certain if this is a reply through either the "form" that on occasion shows when you submit a question, or if it is a reponse from the PM.

Any help with this bit 'o issue will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike (++) (++)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 07:14 AM UTC
Did you try the "contact us" link at the top of every page, just to the left of the private message envelope icon? It takes you to a contact page and there are several methods to send him a message.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 08:40 AM UTC
Sabot,

That was where I was initially directed, in the "feedback/inquiry" form. It didn't allow "direct" contact with the Big Boss, but to "general" contacts in the sense of a form. Shortly after that "message" was sent, Staff-Jim was "on line." I clicked his name and it offered the "message" (PM) option. I sent a message that way too.

Again, I am not sure to which message I sent that the "error" responded to.

I'm tryng to ask for a specific GIF image, in larger format, than is available in the forums.

Mike (++) (++)
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 04:47 AM UTC
Just sent another "Contact Us" using the "Group Build" format. I'm hoping someone out there in "Staff" land can answer my two questions.

Many thanks!

Mike (++) (++)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 11:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just sent another "Contact Us" using the "Group Build" format. I'm hoping someone out there in "Staff" land can answer my two questions.

Many thanks!

Mike (++) (++)

What are your two questions - maybe we can answer/help you out...

Gunnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 11:22 PM UTC
Mike is looking for a larger image of the DSB logo that I created 3 years ago now.

Mike I have gotten your most recent email, I don't remember prior emails or PMs but I may have gotten them too (or since I have posted numerous site messages about email not working that may be a plausible explanation why some of the older messages were not received).

Regarding the DSB logo, I will try to look for the original image I made for this. I can't promise anything though as there are literally thousands of original art files for Armorama on my pc. I just hope I named it pig or DSB something.

Cheers,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 11:28 PM UTC
And I just tested the "Group Builds" selection on the contact form and it comes thru okay. Where-How did you find the [email protected] email?

Also the reason when you click on my "Message" button and it goes to the Contact Us page is that I don't particularly want people using the PM system to contact me about issues like this. I use email for support requests. PMs are good for me only for unimportant side chatter (meaning I don't always remember to reply to everyone).

Cheers,
Jim
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 04:22 AM UTC
Jim,

I know you are really busy (and do appreciate that fact!), and I truly do thank you for the response. I hope you can find the file as I really believe that this will bring some more "personality" to the group build!

If perchance the file can not be located, may I attempt to duplicate it??

Regarding the [email protected] I recall correctly, that was the first time I used the "contact us" page. I honestly can't say this with certainty.....but I'm pretty sure that's when I got the error. I did delete that message, so I can't send you what I received other than what I showed in my first post. Sorry

Regarding the previous messages and what not....that would certainly explain it. No prob by me....

Sorry for attempting to use the PM system for this. I honestly did not know.

Again, many thanks....my fingers are crossed!

Rock On!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Mike (++) (++)
 _GOTOTOP