_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Big n Beefy T-35
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:55 AM UTC
Hello team
A few pics of the T-35 ,my first attempt at Friuli's( no turning back,I'm going to use them for all kits now!!!!!)
the kit went together ok using Eduard PE and Jodi barrels

Thanks for looking,
any comments welcome
Andy
tony55
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 05:55 PM UTC
Hi Andy,
Real nice looking kit. I assume the barrels were AM ?
How did you find the tracks to build. They look very realistic. Worth the money I assume as you say you will be using them from now on.
Looking forward to the finished article.
Cheers
Tony
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 07:53 PM UTC
That's just a battleship on tracks!! Look at all those turrets.
Torchy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 10:22 PM UTC
Hi Guys
Tony.. the barrels are from Jordi Rubio
The tracks were a joy to build,I built them in stages so I wouldn't get bored!!, I diddn't use the wire supplied,I went and cleaned my LHS out of K&S .020 (.5MM) brass wire
:-)
Get set up,Beer and a film/football match on the telly!!
1, the most boring bit (pun intended :-) ) was cleaning out the holes for the pins,using a motor drill, and a bit the same size as the wire, the links are handed so I did one side at a time so I wouldn't mix them up,on the longer side of the link the hole don't go all the way through,this is what makes them left and right (on this particular set) so take care not to go all the way with the drill!!! (a couple of holes in the thumb later!!)
2, I put 2 links together,then with a pair of flat nose smooth jawed pliers pushed in the wire through, then cut off flush with a small pair of side cutters,
I repeated this until the length of wire was finished (a 300mm length did 22 links)
3, Once I had my mini track,ie my 22 links, I ran over the inside and outer edges with a piece of 320 wet and dry ,to get rid of any high spots.
4, repeat 2 and 3 untill you get the length you want
Easy :-) :-) :-)
The whole lot (both sides)took me about 3 hours,but I was getting faster toward the end.
I will be getting more,I already have a set for my Centure,and I reckon I'll get a couple of sets for my two Karls,which are awaiting paint.
I just need to get some "blacken it" to weather them as the the Carrs metal black did bugger all
Hope this helps ,go on go get some!!!
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 05:38 AM UTC
Nice looking Battleship!!! (Maybe you should post this in the naval section?!?) Frui tracks on a T-35,... now that must weigh a ton! The extra add-ons and the turned barrels make a big difference. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Frank
Torchy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 03:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice looking Battleship!!! (Maybe you should post this in the naval section?!?) Frui tracks on a T-35,... now that must weigh a ton! The extra add-ons and the turned barrels make a big difference. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Frank

I had a spare moment this morning Frank,so just for you :-) :-) :-)
T-35 = 375g or 13.5oz's
King Tiger * = 170g or 5.8 oz's
* Tamiya kit OOB no PE and rubber band tracks

Cheers mate
Andy
 _GOTOTOP