_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Guntruck progress shots
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 09:31 AM UTC
A couple shots of a Vietnam era guntruck I'm working on.
It started out loosely based on "The Gamblers", then I decided to add the second layer of armor on the inside. A lot of the parts are just placed there for the photo, particularly the ammo can floor and stowage.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
Sherb

AFV club "Nancy" M35a1, M60s and mounts are from a pair of the newer Academy M151s as is the radio. Eduard PE (still lots of it to add).
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 09:35 AM UTC
Looking good so far. Can't see if you have, but don't forget to fill teh hole for the A2 exhaust stack in teh right frnder. Many people forget this since it isn't shown in AFV Club's instructions. Good job so far.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 02:25 PM UTC
Excellent job. Love the model so far
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 09:22 PM UTC
You have the makings of one of the first early second generation gun trucks here. Since you have based this on the gambler, which was built on a A1 version multi fuel M 35. You will, as Gino has stated, need to fill in the hole in the right front fender. as the A1's had the exhaust running under the right side chassis and exiting out between the rear right duals. You are doing a very good job on this. The plastic stock you are using looks to be the right thickness. You did a great job folding the passenger seat. This is a very nice touch. May I suggest that you use the front steel panel that came with the AFV Club kit. Just cut off the hardware from the bottom corners since they are the same as on the windshield. Fill in the side walls with something that appears to be sand bags. Also add some very thin sand bags to the floor of the cab, and you will have a very authentic looking gun truck from the 1967/early 68 time period. This is the time I was running convoys and we had a few trucks that looked like your example. Can't wait to see it finished. One more note for the time period that I have stated the trucks did not have the yellow nose and were painted OD or green drab.
 _GOTOTOP