_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Contest: "Draganīs Watch" finished!
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 09:03 AM UTC
Finally I found the time and interest to finish this dio for the contest!
Now Dragan has binoculars hanging from the back of the chair and a bottle of Sliwowica on the floor. I decided to drop off any further details as this building exists only to display the figure and I donīt know what to add any more.
However, I scratchbuilt the title plate and thought it would be cool to show the colours of former Yugoslavia. The flag is made of kitchen plastic, painted with enamels with a spare red star decal.
Iīm very pleased with the result and the title plate really finishes it up!

Cost of this project: 8 euros

Happy New Year 2003!

Toni
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 09:16 AM UTC
Tony,

wonderful entry !! Like you said "it's finished" !!

The title plate really looks good on that base. Creative solution using that flag, it just adds that bit of extra !! Excellent entry !!

A wonderful 2003 to you too !!

Danny
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 09:48 AM UTC
Whoow, man this is good!! Great job on the ruin, I particulary like the wooden roof and floor construction.. And Sljivovica.. where did you get the name from? It really is the most famous plum brandy in (ex)Yugoslavia.. it seems you have studied your references (or you have tried the stuff?)

I'm wondering what are those posters on the wall.. and just a thought; perhaps the cigarette is too long?

Great stuff Toni, as usuall... and nice snow, as usuall :-)

Mario M.
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 10:05 AM UTC
Thanks for comments!
Maki, I found some old Slivovica labels and combined two of those. So the label is not real but very close anyway. I have checked my references from several bottl...sources.
Hic.
Those posters...yeah, theyīre German propaganda posters and I just felt like trying out weathering some. The color fits and you canīt read them anyway. #:-)
The time and place of this scene are not accurate, nor are the building structure or the equipment of the figure. Guess Iīm one of those modelers who aim for the feeling of the scene more than the accuracy...
About the cigarette...it looks bad in the ultra close-up but works well when looked at with bare eye. WHAT heīs smoking, thatīs the question... #:-) #:-) #:-)

Toni
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 10:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have checked my references from several bottl...sources.

I knew it... :-) Do you know how do they promote the drink? F**k the pepsi, f**k the pizza, all we need is Slivovica!! #:-)

Quoted Text

The time and place of this scene are not accurate, nor are the building structure or the equipment of the figure. Guess Iīm one of those modelers who aim for the feeling of the scene more than the accuracy...

I don't care if it is accurate.. it looks good and that's it. Just go with the feeling... Toni, you have a good sense of that "something" what makes a vignette special..

Mario M.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 12:19 PM UTC
Excellent dio Tony. Very convincing scene indeed. Im another who would rather something looking good/the way I want it to look rather than search for 100% accuracy. But I took another look and it would need some genius to point out what is wrong with your dio.
A great piece of work and another excellent exhibet for your homepage!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 12:28 PM UTC
Congratulations Tony Have a Slivowica

You have done a really great job dude
The snow finishes everything off. How have you made the bottle??
Your whole scene is very realistic and who cares about the accuracy at least I don`t. That`s the reason for me to never pin my dio down on a date because you get those nags that say that everything is incorrect for that time of year or campaign. No if I feel good about it than it`s good for me
Before I forget it your title plate looks good and I like the weathering of the posters

congrats again

KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 01:48 PM UTC
Envar - NICE!

So tell us about the bottle.... where did you find a "clear" bottle - I've looked everywhere... did you cast this yourself, or is it clear sprue that has been stretched on one end and then clipped off.... (an old trick I've used from time to time.).

Keith
SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 03:19 PM UTC
ENVAR

CONGRATULATIONS
VERY NICE.

ROBERTO
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 05:52 PM UTC
Thanks tanks!
Keith, about the bottle...you have to ask Mr. Cfbush2000 about that. I got those bottles from him. I already used those back in the Spritztour dio...

Toni
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:58 AM UTC
Envar
Nice job, I like the overall concept and I think that is where your poject gets its 'life'
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 02:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Envar - NICE!

So tell us about the bottle.... where did you find a "clear" bottle - I've looked everywhere... did you cast this yourself, or is it clear sprue that has been stretched on one end and then clipped off.... (an old trick I've used from time to time.).

Keith

Keith,
I once casted my own : just made a mold of resin bottle, and recast them in transparent PU. Works perfectly, but it's best done under vacuum. I even have transparent coke bottles !
Jan
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 02:43 AM UTC
Toni,
I've said it several times before, but I just keep admiring your work : this is a wonderful little dio !
Some of these dios are real jewels, and Dragan's watch is certainly is a crown jewel !

Jan
basturk
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 212 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 02:57 AM UTC
Very nice work! The overall presentation is very well done. The figure is awesome! Like i said before you get my vote for the contest based on the work Ive seen so far!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 11:49 PM UTC
Great Job Toni and also Danny. Hope I get mine done in Time
 _GOTOTOP