_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Bombs Away - Has anyone seen TreeCat?!?
PolarBear
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 12:22 AM UTC
I had a couple of questions regarding the Bombs Away campaign, but it seems like TreeCat has not been around this site for the last three months!

Does anybody know where he is at?

Cheers!
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 12:50 AM UTC
His whereabouts are a mistery....

If he doesn't show up soon, both Jean-Luc and I nominate you to take over as campaign leader..... how do you like them apples!

Frank
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 02:19 AM UTC
Hi Björn and Frank!

Frank, I think Polarbear is already leader of the "Suez" Campaign... so YOU would be the right man for this one... if Treecat doesn't show up meanwhile of course...

Jean-Luc
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 02:33 AM UTC
I'll make a deal with you Jean-Luc.... if by some chance Treecat remains AWOL, I will (if there are no objections) take over,.... but only if you help me out with the ribbon and the fancy Campaign poster art, that you do so well.....

Frank
PolarBear
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 03:10 AM UTC
This is not the first time a campaign leaders disappear. The only one we haven't been able to scare off lately is Jean-Luc!

Jean-Luc wrote:
Quoted Text

I think Polarbear is already leader of the "Suez" Campaign

How strange!!!! First, I received word that the Suez campaign was not approved! (I'm not really sure why, but I believe all the aircraft campaign spots were taken when I applied). I had totally given up on the idea - And now all over sudden I find out that it is an active campaign?!?! Starting ten days from now!!

Well, I'm going to try to get it properly started! I once had quite a few potential participants and hopefully, they are still interested! Since it is the 50th anniversary of the Suez conflict AND since the Suez conflict featured some of the coolest aircraft ever built, the campaign simply have to be run!!!

Thus, the Official Thread of the Suez campaign will start in a few days!

Clanky wrote:
Quoted Text

both Jean-Luc and I nominate you...

Well... Seems like we caught you with a little lie there, Frank... :-)

I was actually prepared to step in (provided that the salary was ok, and that there was a good retirement plan and free dental), but if Clanky volonteers, I'm sure he'll do a fine job!
(Questions remains though - Can he be trusted!?!)

I should suggest that you start by opening an Official Thread for the Bombs Away campaign and gather everyone that has signed up. I have already seen some great entries!

Cheers!
Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 581 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 09:13 AM UTC
I'm still trying to find out if My Avenger can make the cut. Even though it is a Single engine aircraft, It was the largest carrier strike aircraft. It carried three men, and could carry torpedoes, or 500lb bombs. My Avenger is the one that President (then LT JG) George HW Bush Flew during the strike on Chichi Jima, when he was shot down. The plane he was flying was armed with bombs.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 10:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll make a deal with you Jean-Luc.... if by some chance Treecat remains AWOL, I will (if there are no objections) take over,.... but only if you help me out with the ribbon and the fancy Campaign poster art, that you do so well.....

Frank

Hi Frank!

It's ok for me but you have to ask Guntruck first as he his the Campaign "Master". I also think a ribbon was already designed, but I'm not sure about that...
Björn, I think Frank can be trusted. Let's see this as a constructive lie :-)

Jean-Luc
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 02:58 PM UTC
I have notified both Merlin and GunTruck regarding TreeCats' absence. If they are both fine with my temporary placement then I will post up a 'Bombs Away' thread where we can begin to download our progress photos.

Frank
 _GOTOTOP