_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
New Campaign! - Suez Stripes 50 Years!
PolarBear
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:30 AM UTC
This year, it was 50 years ago! that the forces of Israel, England, France and Egypt fought it out in the Sinai desert! This will be commemorated by an Armorama Campaign starting later this month and ending on October 28th!

The Suez conflict included - amongst other things - an impressive range of beautiful early jet aviation. Surviving props, such as the Mustang and the Corsair, fought some of their last battles. - On the ground, the Egyptians had stacked up with Soviet made beasts while Israel countered with upgraded Shermans and AMX's. The landing French and Brittish troops had the good taste to bring Centurions and LVT4's, etc!!! At sea... (well I don't know too much about the naval forces to be honest - But the object of this campaign is to learn a lot!)

Albeit that this is officially an Aircraft Campaign, I will allow any and all Ground Targets! as long as the subject took part in the hostilities. (And yes - Naval targets are also allowed!) :-)

If you are interested, you may want to check out this thread.

I kindly urge all those that are interested in history and beautiful models to join!!!
Registration can be made here!

Cheers!!!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:34 AM UTC
Cool. I know Vanize can set everyone straight on the colors used.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 01:26 AM UTC
Coll campaign! I'll have a go at building one of these 'ground targets' you mention :-) Perhaps a couple of raiding jeeps.
PolarBear
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 03:00 AM UTC
18Bravo wrote:
Quoted Text

Cool. I know Vanize can set everyone straight on the colors used.

Great! I hope that friendly exchange of historical information will be a big part of the campaign! :-)

Are you joining!?

Cheers!

Ps. I saw this fact filled Operation Musketeer link. It might be of value for those that wish to join with a Brittish subject (tanks, aircraft, naval etc)!
 _GOTOTOP