_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter M1A1HA w/Mine Roller
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 04:32 PM UTC
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has built or had this kit.

Would like to know what you think of it.

It is my first Trumpter kit.....but in my opinion, definatly will not be my last!!!

I was a little skeptical when I bought this kit, having not even seen the inside of a trumpeter kit before.....however the $10US I paid for it, helped me justify the purchase.
When it arrived, and I got to open it...I was pleasently surprised....here was a kit, full a of few extras, (like being able to make a NTS tank out of it), the actual metal chains needed for the mine roller, the tool boxes, generator unit for the back, I could go on and on.....oh....and 2 sets of tracks.....the one piece vinyl kind, and the multi piece styrene kind......personally I like the vinyl tracks....although usually not as detailed....these ones aren't that bad!!

Now the styrene probably isn't quite as good as Tamiya.....but they would be a very, very clos second in my opinion....definatly better than Dragon and some of Academy's new stuff.....I would say their old stuff too....but they are mostly Tamiya knockoffs!!!

Anyway.....any opinion, warnings, things I should watch out for on this kit...would be greatly appreciated!!!!
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 04:47 PM UTC
I have the M1A1 HA with mine plougher, it's a good build, and in my opinion very nice.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It is my first Trumpter kit.....but in my opinion, definatly will not be my last!!!

This was one of the first kits they did once they stopped making poor copies of Tamiya and Academy kits. Ones to definitely avoid are the M60A1, M60A3, LVTP7, Merkava, T-72M1, and maybe some of the European MBTs like the Challenger and Leopard. They definitely started doing some nice kits after a rocky first couple of years.
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:11 AM UTC
SS74 ! You've built an abrams !!!!!!!
Did you have fever or what ?
or perhaps, did you place black crosses on the sides ?
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

SS74 ! You've built an abrams !!!!!!!
Did you have fever or what ?
or perhaps, did you place black crosses on the sides ?

Hehe, Penpen, I love Americans, and in my opinions that the 4 tank I like the most in modern time is the T90, M1A1, Merkava, and LeClerc (One French one for ya)

Actually the M1A1 was in the rivet reviews, and was named whispering death..... #:-)
 _GOTOTOP