Hosted by Darren Baker
Jackhammer81's hse 99% complete
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 06:41 AM UTC
Well , except for the window glass & panes.
Should be shipable after that though.
Don't really know if I like the rigid, uniform look of the straw placement but thats whats in my refs. - looks too neat.
The chicken coop was supposd to be a little box, dog house type of thing but I couldn't resist a two story deal.
The coop is for the long wall but It's not attached and I wanted to keep options open for Kevin.
This is intended to represent a Russian farmhouse having it's straw roof replaced [ so the insides can be shown ]. Thats why so little straw - work. You all have seen Kevin's groundwork and figure labors along with the exceptional armor work. This is for him to paint, rearrange or change in anyway he sees fit.
Kevin I'm gonna crash on the couch and listen to the kids rip each other apart , g - nite, call ya during the week.

I'm honored to have been a participant in his undertaking of this project and I'm happy he asked me to do the house .
Cheyenne
Oh yeah alot more pics. in my gallery. Thanks fer lookin.

Alternate chicken coop location

Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 06:48 AM UTC
Wowser. This is the cat's meow. I wonder if it could be made into a kit?
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 04:07 PM UTC
I agree with Sticky, wow! I'm not just fluffing your feathers either, this is really going to be something. What detail! Please keep us posted with its progress.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 04:14 PM UTC
Damn! Those German officers get around...
Looks bonzer, and the coop is a coup for Kev! Will look great if he can muster some bird for his dio...
Love the steps into the hut...
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 06:27 PM UTC
Just flat out, absolutely incredible! This is more than museum quality and a work of art in it's own right. It is most definitely worthy of it's very own setting/scene. What a masterpiece of work Kevin is getting, and it will make his already outstanding diorama even more fantastic.

Blade48mrd
MiamiJHawk
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 07:02 PM UTC
Wow Cheyenne:

Amazing! A one of a kind original. No one else but
Kevin will own one. . . what a wonderful gift. I wonder
if anyone could put a value in dollars on something
like this. I didn't know about the idea to re do the roof
with new straw. . . just a great idea that seems so
natural. Same for the addition of the chicken coop. .
Cluck, cluck. And I'll get to see it in person at the IPMS
USA Nats in August! Oh Yeah. . . .
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 515 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 07:36 PM UTC
Definately a stand alone piece. The bar just got raised!
I'll be lucky if I can still see it....
Matt890
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:58 AM UTC
I am absolutely speechless, im with sticky here could you make this into a kit?
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 02:32 AM UTC
Glenn, its more than I had dreamed of. Its simply amazing. Thank you so very much for making this for the big Russian dio, The chicken coop is outrageous I love it! I cant wait to get it painted and on the base! Love the little interior details too. As for the thatch If you can tell me or send along some of what you are using I will add some to it here and there and make up some bundles for on the ground. Sorry hadn't posted on this before now, kinda under the weather here today. It is me that is indeed honored to have this going in one of my dios. Thank you!!! Kevin
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 02:40 AM UTC
Just one word for this ...Outstanding!!
and you couldn't be doing this for a nicer guy ..Can't wait to see what Kevin will do with your masterpiece.

Rick
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 03:35 AM UTC
Ola

I also think that this house looks amazing, my hat is off to you my friend (well there is no hatless emoticon here:) )

BUT I have one doubt: is the house a bit too big scalewise? judging from the pictures of those three soldiers standing on the stairs they look awfully small, as if the steps were too big for them. It looks like each step is about knee hight, in my opinion that is too high. Plus the windows also look a bit to high for my taste. But I can be wrong ofcourse:)

Cheers mate!:)

dsc.

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 04:16 AM UTC
Just Great - nothing more to add.

I know the roof comes off and all but it's kinda sad that the interior will go unseen for the most part. Take solice in the knowledge that it is just as nice as the outside.
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 04:33 AM UTC
I wonder where drunkhumper went with his lame criticsm. I dont see him talkin now haha. Great Job Cheyenne!
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 04:39 AM UTC
OMG>>>>it has windows and doors...!!!!!

Seriously though..it looks great. I'm jealous!!!:P
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 03:10 AM UTC
Thanks alot guys,
John if someone can make a kit out of my stuff God bless em, first they' ll have to rastle Kevin to cut it up for moulding, l.o.l.
Easyoff, thanks man, it's Kevins baby now.
Bradly, thanks you crazy ozzy madman, l.o.l., Kevin's got some chickens, the coop is his idea not mine.
Mike thanks man, I love building this stuff it actually keeps me sane, Robin Williams sane, a tad saner than Charles Manson.
Rick, thanks I love your Rancor dude big time [ closet si-fi-horror guy ]. Ya know , that's a good question, I have no idea what kind of dollar value something like this would fetch. I retire in a year [ hopefully ] so my grand plan will be to build for bucks in a custom, accessory, building, whatever way. Right now I just love building stuff.
David, thanks man, please go see it and take lots of pictures and post them for me !!!
Matt thanks, as I've stated I'd love to make money doing this stuff but since I'm lucky enough to have a decent job, and I love building as a hobby, I'll have to let retirement dictate that era of my life.
Kevin, hi buddy
Bear thanks, you'll see it soon enough, after I hand it off to Kevin he'll be taking his build 95 yds. for a gold.
Tom thanks, the scale question, yes it is a tad large [ front stoop wise ].
I wanted to make this look very peasant farmhouse - like, out in the boonies, real injun country. The large distance between steps - is intended to look like a pile of crude stone work with whatever boards were available thrown on top.
The 2nd reason is shown in the pics. below.
The guys I use as a body reference, scalewise while building structures are old Coree figs. that I call my mid - range guys, smaller than some Dragon figs. way smaller than Warrior, Verlinden, Jaguar [ resin ] figs. yet larger than KIrin and old Yanks figs.
I'm sure you can pick out the old Marx 1/32 scale poly Germans.
The second pic. shows that the inside floor to ceiling for the figs. is ok - the farmhouse refs. it is built from is rather tall with a high foundation.
Ok third excuse is that the pics. were taken looking down on the building and figs. and is poor for height reference.

Scott thanks, the plan is to use the straw sparingly for good interior visuals, hopefully in my gallery there are some overhead pics. that show this. If not I do know that Kevin wants to take full advantage of the open roofage to show lots of interior furniture etc. a dio with - in a dio so to speak. If Kevin dosent like the straw I've placed he's free to rip it off and lay on his own, it's his dio, he has done this before and quite well I might add, there should be no problem there.

Harrison, ...... does nurse Diesel know you're loose ?

Mary, Nah, nah,... nah,... nah, nah
Thanks guys - Cheyenne
I'm not proof reading this so there will be mistakes - this was a 2 Bacardi and Coke [ with a tad of Roses lime ] coctail disertation.
Amen
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 10:11 AM UTC
Alli can say is WOW and i amJEALOUS !!!
Thats an incredible work you have done there my friend . You tempt me to ask you for a fragment of a house to use in one of my figure vigniettes !!!

ireally appreciate you a lot as a builder with extreme care to detail .

You have my full respect and admirationmy friend . Bravo

Costas
 _GOTOTOP