_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
sa-6 tech question
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 11:51 PM UTC
Hi all

So I've got this Trumpeter Sa-6 kit. I was doing my weathering and a question came to my mind. where the hell is the exhaust And which of the many caps is the fuel cap It would be rather stupid if I put diesel stains around the battery compartment or something like that :-) :-)

I would appreciate it if someone could help me

Cheers,

Matthijs
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:48 PM UTC
Good question!

There's some nice staining to copy in this walkaround

Kub

FWIW, my guess is that the exhaust is at the rear of the hull.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 04:05 PM UTC
Pretty clear in the pictures the exhaust is in the rear, with wire mesh covering it. In the seventh picture from the bottom there is a cover screwed to the blast deflector that has "fuel" written on it. Maybe the fuel caps are under the flip up blast deflector on the rear deck?

Shaun
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 07:50 PM UTC
One thing of note with fuel spills. Since this vehicle launches rockets right off the rack, (as opposed to say the TOR that uses VLS systems with boosters), there is going to be more attention payed to NOT having fuel onthe deck for any amount of time as they do not want any exposed fuel accidentally ignited when the rocket launched. Unless I am incorrect, I believe the ADA forces were fairly anal about enforcing this too...shoot down a F-16 but light your a$# on fire...not good.
 _GOTOTOP