All Clear!
323k13l
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 07:57 AM UTC
hey kelly i just remembered something great
yeah i saw the mg cases finally if u want a very good realistic look like there realy was a big fight over there at the mg emplacments try this
hope this helps ..simon
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 10:35 AM UTC
Simon, that's an awesome idea! I usually just paint stretched sprue the shell colour and cut away...may give this a try!
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 12:55 PM UTC
I think the dio looks good, plenty of rubble and debris.The medics helmet I also spotted and Icant seem to get past it every time I look at this dio. Why not scratch it a bit to show wear and remove most of the cross maybe this would obscure it abit
Cheers
Robbo
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 09:23 AM UTC
Aha, that's an idea, will definately do that, I'll scratch up the rest of the crosses a bit too, just to match it up a bit...
Also added a ton of spent shell casings around the mg, I just used stretched srpue and chopped up...will also add a partial bullet belt inserted into the mg.
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 09:20 AM UTC
Hi Everybody, well I got a nice little bonus at work, so I treated myself to a new digital camera! FINALLY! :-)
So I thought I would post some updated pics after doing some adjustments to the scene.
Gone is the signpost, with the signs now on the telephone pole, the three figures now sit where the radio operator is now, radio operator now is where the squad leader is, and I've turned the leader to the side. Also added shell casings by the mg added some bullet holes in the sandbags, and scratched up the crosses on the medic, as well as added some chipping to the helmets.
What do you think, better this way?
cheers
Kelly

Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 06:43 PM UTC
Kelly -

Really fantastic and I think you've got it all covered beautifully. Everything fits extremely well. Did you remember to leave the rear turrent hatch open? (Just kidding). This will do 'Outstandingly' at Calgary, and best of luck. Armorama couldn't be better represented.

Blade48mrd
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 07:34 PM UTC
LOL thanks Mike, yes the hatch is open! :-) I think I can finallly call this one "done"! My Photobucket must've resized the pics, because I had them set a little bigger so the shell casings could be seen...oh well I've entered the whole new world of this digital thing!
Hope it does ok in Calgary, there'll be some tough competition there, but hell if it gets me out of my home town for a few days who cares, I'm gonna have a blast!
 _GOTOTOP