_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Who's bilt DML's M50 Super Sherman?
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:51 AM UTC

Anyone built the DML Israeli M50 Super Sherman?

Have had this for a while and, since it seems I'm snowed in this weekend, would like to spend some time working on it.

Can I get a decent model if I build OOB on this one? Or, are there a lot of corrections needed?

Am looking for an OOB project that I won't fret over, but still end up with something nice.

Steve
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:02 PM UTC
I did an M-50 but by the company that did the Adversary series.They had a lot of partial Sherman conversions. The HVSS suspension from DML is tedious but not difficult. I have this kit, too, but it's being saved for the Legend Ambulance conversion.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 01:49 PM UTC
That's the old MP models. They were much appreciated when the basic M4 kits were the old Tamiya M4A3 and Italeri M4A1. Their line also included the HVSS suspension, M4A4 and early M4 hulls. Made an SU-100 IIRC.

As far as the DML M-50, I have the DML M-51 which includes the M-50's entire turret just to use a couple of detail parts from it. There are a few reviews on the pair and if you do a forum search here, one of our IDF experts gives a run down of the ins and outs. Personally, I don't know much about the IDF Shermans, but I do like Shermans and the IDF ones look cool.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 04:24 PM UTC
my best tip is too strengthen the suspension joint with brass, thats as far as i got with the easy8 sherman i have, got alot of german armour to finish before getting back to work on that one. stug
 _GOTOTOP