Tiger I with interior (built report)
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 07:06 PM UTC
Hello!
I would like to introduce my next model under construction.It`s old edition of early version .I do full interior by paper used parts from Halinski publisher .Some parts I do from scratch, obligatory i do metal clamps.,grills,fenders.I take pattern on ABER PE parts. I have 2 tamiya`s tiger more.First is with 2 engines and i plane to do RC standard,for second one i`ve no final idea.I thing about Sturmtiger or one of later version.
The most of all efforts need interior,because oryginal is very simplified .Engine compartament is practice empty.Gear box and cluthes are also to exchange.Turret needs only some details more inside,but its shape is symetric and should be asymetric.Exterior is in principle acceptaible.

Plastic 1-25 Tiger from Tamiya,but interior made by paper-card (some parts I will copy in resin)

It was the first part posted at onother place last year.
And n o w
It`s slowly time to back to my relation.I `ve done some small steps,glued some 1-25 PE parts from Aber and paited first coats.i did some new figures too,when I enjoyed with resin.Today i paited again and another tiger (gray 113 from Marui) too.Pics showed conjuncture from yesterday.

and 1-25 figures on Cat backround

Have a fun !
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 02:51 AM UTC
The next small step is camo painting.I based on 2 oryginal pics and 3 colorful "ars poetica "schemes.Like You can see very difficult to find good colours interpretation from black and white photo..

First time on my model i changed tracks paiting technique. Now it looks like below

and both tracks for comparision

I painted some parts inside too.

How do You find that?

PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 08:30 PM UTC
And some pics from progress.Tactical numer was painted with hand -made pattern.

Reagards Piotr
--
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 08:48 PM UTC
Awsome work, Piotr. I've never thought that it's possible to such great results with papers models.
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2006 - 02:58 AM UTC
Thanks Marcin ,but please read carefully.This is plastic model,but i adopted interior from paper-card model the same scale.
send reagards Piotr
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:52 AM UTC
Time to blow away dust !
I waited long time for this kit.PE grilles for Tiger motivate me to finnish my model.
Fited on without glue look like.

By the way it proves that grilles fit on to 1-24 RC Tiger I from Marui. :-)

To see You soon !
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 11:12 AM UTC
please tell us more about this Halinski publisher. I am very curious about building up paper interiors.

PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hi!
Paper-card modelling is very popular in Poland,Czech ,Germany,Rissia and other Eu countries but also You can find english language Forums in USA , New Zeland etc.
The most important and the best authors and publishes houses are in Poland .One of them is Andrzej Halinski and his firm.He began edited models with interior as now another firms do,when model is dedicated for experienced modelers.You can get armor in 1-25 scale ,aeropalnes mostly 1-33 (but also 1-25) ships and buildings at difference scales ,and others models.
Most the best modelers who builts wwII armor models You can meet on 1-25saf , what a pity that not all .The first model with full interior was Tiger I and i based on this model.
Another my paper-card models You can see here:
Pz IV G
Tiger I.
Because this threads found no answer i didn`t introduce more my paper-card models on Armorama.
If You wish see more welcome to FSM or my web site.Feel free to ask about everything .
If You would like to see another modelers not jointed with 1-25 saf visite www.Konradus .com or www.kartonbau.de.

PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 05:30 PM UTC
I hope you did not get a cold from the dust that settled on this relationship.
I decided to see how to fit new tracks Panzer Hobby Art to Tamiya model.
I started wrapping track through the idler to road wheel .
Here everything fits like a glove.

The problem started with the drive sprocket.

First Tamiya did a bad number of teeth, and that's the beginning of the problems.
Therefore tamiya`s tracks are wrong too.

By the way, it turned out that over the production years of this model were released 2 different drive sprocket, what`s a pity, it was never correct.

When Michael drew a toothed ring , me at this time by Dremel grinder removed this nasty, defective toothed ring (is it correct english name?).

The first fitting the caterpillar to the rim.

Oryginal drive sprocket was to wide, I have had to reduce the distance between the rims.

I glue front toothed ring and test with a track.

Next, rear rim glued and next test.

First test on the model.

Now, time to cast drive sprocket by resin. Since now, I can recommend tracks with the drive sprocket from Panzer Hobby Art to Tamiya model .

PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 03:34 PM UTC
Hello!
Following up I made the whole track link and try it into model.
Looking at the drawings of the original, I have to rotate a few degrees toothed ring, so that the teeth and screws falling out in front of the ribs. I know that there was also another version of the drive sprocket, but it interests me that I mentioned.
I'll do the test with a second drive sprocket, because after my suggestion, Michael a little rework file and added a new part. Now it will be even more like the original.

All customers who does not benefit in the future from the complete resin drive sprocket, will be able to download the pdf file, that our tracks with toothed ring can be used to tiger model from variety of publishing houses.
StephenLarsen
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 01:40 AM UTC
Excellent work to correct a major problem with the original kit.

Well done!
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:43 PM UTC
Thank You Steve.
If You find this old and very long relation some new accessories added to my forum shop and use on the tiger.
Bosh lamps

PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hi again!
Long time I wait for accessories to this model,but now is really progress.
I add resin german base antenna kit (available in my shop)
and connect with 2m metal antenna from Aber. It fits very good together.

Another rarity I've been waiting long time.
Complete aluminum barrel to tiger I, together with PE brass rings and muzzle brake.

How do You find new accessories? I`m very happy.
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 05:29 PM UTC
Hello !
After veeery very long time.
I waited a long weeks, maybe month to get resin copies of my drive wheels, but now are available.
Short, pictorial step by step.

_GOTOTOP