_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMoM - Biffa
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2006 - 01:30 AM UTC
sorry to start new post but couldnt figure out how to edit the title to make it eligable for entry in the mom, anyway thanks for replying in the other post guys i appreciate the kind comments,

the colors used were acrylic mm dark green base coat then acrylic mm olive green with a couple of drops of yellow to give it a tint was used for the panel fading
the decals were the kit decals and can be a bit of a pain but after some work they came out ok.
the kits goes together well and the tracks are nice with no major problems.

thanks again.

Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2006 - 02:00 AM UTC
Great work Ron!
I love the subtle weathering, and decals came out just like painted on!

Those tanks really deserve the nick "landship", long and with multiple turrets, and after seing your work I'm really tempted to build one of those

Cheers
Pedro
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2006 - 05:54 AM UTC
Gday Ron
The panel fading effect is, well....effective! :-)
You look to have done a "you beaut" job on her
BUT...
You'll have to excuse my ignorance, as my tank knowledge can be pigeon-holed easily...
What is this beast???
Cheers
Brad
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2006 - 06:35 AM UTC
thanks pedro and brad, and sorry about not giving any info on the tank i had explained it in another thread but it wasnt titled amom so i started a new one and forgot to say what it was heh,

this was the russian T-28 developed in the 1930's some of these saw action early in the war and also against the fins but didnt fair too well,

this is the ICM kit and its a very nice kit to build you can pick these up pretty reasonable on ebay which is where i got mine the T-35 is on my list to find if you like this kit you might wanna check it out too, its a battleship on tracks

thanks again for the comments.
 _GOTOTOP