_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IDF Machbet Help
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC
Allright I am finally working on the IDF M163 Machbet conversion. I spent the big bucks and got the Hobbyfan M163 conversion. Awsome set. The resin is flexible enough that it is fairly easy to work with. All the wiring harneses come already made up for you. The flexible resin aloud the harneses to all come unbroken. The detail is exceptional as well. So far the fit is good. I am having a little problem getting some of the pieces to stay together using CA glue. Not sure what the problem is there.

Anyway I am also converting this to the Machbet, which has the four Stinger missle launcher attached to the gun turret. I have seen in some of my research that the Machbet carries a total of 8 Stinger missles. Any idea where the other 4 are stowed? I am also doing a complete interior so I guess I would need to find a place for 4 extra missles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any photos would be much appreciated if possible.

I will post some pics soon of the build. It is coming along good.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 09:09 PM UTC
Ok, I have absolutly no idea where the extra stinger rounds go, the interior is pretty cramped as it is with the Vulcan equipment so I find it hard to believe they go there. Anyway try the IDF-armor-froum.com as there are lots of experts on there who serve with IDF vehicles, thats if no ne here can give you an answer.

Now what I really want to see is some photos of the model, The hobby fan kit looks amazing and im waiting to have the money to get one. I cant wait to see your photos of the model.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 09:28 PM UTC
Spare missiles strapped externally to rails on hull. As for CA problem, haven't had it with Hobby Fan kits. Mold release for resin is generally a powder and get incorporated into te piece. I have had some old CA that seemed to lose some of its bite.
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 11:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Spare missiles strapped externally to rails on hull.

Are the spares in single box double box or quad box?They then just hang off the side rails? I appreciate the help.
 _GOTOTOP