_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya 1:16 tank electronics
trackpins
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2003 - 10:25 AM UTC
Any clever person out there have any idea how the starter motor sound in 1:16 tanks functions, electronically that is?

In particular how does it operate before the engine sound is produced? I want to try and modify an existing (non Tamiya) engine sound unit which does not have this feature or, any suggestions how to achieve this without using another RC channel.

Grateful for any 'idiot proof' explanation!

Peter Mealing (Trackpins)
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2003 - 01:40 PM UTC
Hi,I have the New digital M-4(105).I believe the entire "sound" is a digital recording of the engine from start up to run,and depending on the "power off" signal from the transmitter,the digital guts read ahead to the engine cut off part of the recording.
I recall a while back,a link to a mini movie of the Tamiya boys standing behind a Tiger II to record the sound of the actual engine.
trackpins
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2003 - 10:28 PM UTC
Thanks for your kind reply.

I thought it would be verging on the impossible to do. Pity, at 1:16 it's a great effect, at 1:8 it should set the world on fire, for modellers anyway!

Have to think a bit more on this one.

Many thanks.

Peter Mealing (Trackpins)

HEAT is sweet but APDS gets them every time!
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 06:01 AM UTC
maybe you can buy the engine dmd controler and sound module seperate and build it in your tank ? then you have all the sounds and I think that you can order it all seperate with yr whole sale thingy
 _GOTOTOP