All things Vietnam
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy's M 551 Sheridan
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 02:37 AM UTC
Here are some in progress photos of the Academy M 551 Sheridan. Besides all that has been said about the accuracies of this kit. I found it so far to be a pleasure to build. I found not fit problems with any of the parts and the decals are really nice and thin. They settled down nicely. The only thing that I wish I could change is the rubber band tracks. They leave a lot to be desired. Other than that I really like this kit and would not mind building another one in the future. I have the commanders and drivers windows to paint along with the weapon and equipment and stowage.

barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 03:06 AM UTC

Dave-----looking good (for a "b-b") .......how was the basket fit......... Rebelsoldier (Billy P) was doing 3---didnt like the basket -- mesh or summat???
BTW --your bench as bad as mine...... :-) :-) :-) :-)
aye
BARV
(GOSMG )
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 03:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

:-H
Dave-----looking good (for a "b-b") .......how was the basket fit......... Rebelsoldier (Billy P) was doing 3---didnt like the basket -- mesh or summat???
BTW --your bench as bad as mine...... :-) :-) :-) :-)
aye
BARV
(GOSMG )

The basket went together without a hitch. I can't say that I had any issues with any part of this kit. Everything went together easily. The instructions are very clear and easy to understand (at least to me anyway).
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2006 - 02:28 AM UTC
Looking good Dave. I don't care what the reviewers say, or that the hull is off 3 degrees this way or 4 degrees that way. It come sout looking like an M551 Sheridan if you ask me. Good job on it.

Quoted Text

...as for the rubber band tracks,yeah i know what you mean,it wont be easy to get them to settle and look realistic...oh well maybe someone will make some after market tracks.

Fruil just recently released a set for it, but the tracks cost more than the original kit. Maybe someone will make a reasonably priced set of AM tracks for it.
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 757 posts
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2006 - 02:45 AM UTC
lookin good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had rob with final drives and idler wheels, didn't want to stat attached, maybe bad part, or my inexperience.
got a set of indie tracks from rob in norwich yesterday, and will update as i get it going.
the bustle rack is ok, just didn't like the solid support section, and thanks to barv will have a mesh all the way around.

thanks to all so far who have helped me on this project.

reb
 _GOTOTOP