_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
4 Fallschirmjägers...
TheCrazedLog
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 12:11 PM UTC
Ok..I got 4 FJ guys: two manning a light MG 42, one with a cluster grenade and a STG44, and the 4th with a Kar 98 Rifle w/grenade launcher.
At the moment, Im thinking this:
[edit: took out the long road. I think that is too big a diorama for me to attempt. Im just thinking a little emplacement now]
This is what I am thinking for their emplacement:
A 2 or 3 bag high sandbag wall, with one missing so you have a sort of castle wall. Where the bag isnt, a light MG will be mounted, firing down the road. Probably dug into the ground about a foot, with a camo net above them, mounted on four poles.

Sound good?

Kinda disjointed I know..but im not really to sure about all this...its a lot more effort than I usually go to. Is this the right approach to all this? The emplacement stuff I got from a mate whos in the army.

Thanks
Anthony
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 02:34 PM UTC
Sounds fine to me. Just be sure of the crew size for the size of the MG. I know a 50 cal US team was three guys, Gunner, loader and assistant.
I like that you are building to your skills, that's a good way to learn and to grow. Your next one will be a 'big' dio.
Sounds good.
TheCrazedLog
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 04:08 PM UTC
This isnt specifically a MG team..its "Fallschirmjäger Batallion 500 (Drvar 1944)" But two out of the four guys are manning a MG 42 so its kinda a light MG squad.

Ive decided ill put it in Drvar, but that will not make much difference. Im going to use paintbrush bristles as grass and paint them...sound fine?
PS: Anyone got any pics of a german MG emplacement? Time or place doesnt matter..I just want to get an idea on how they did things.
Thanks
Anthony
 _GOTOTOP