_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Comments? (Stuart Honey)
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 03:13 PM UTC
Heres a Academy Stuart Honey I just finished building. The picture isn't the best since it looks like a deer caught in the headlights since I shouldn't have taken the photo inside.

I painted it O.D instead of the bluish-grey tint, since I have lazy tankers who didn't want to paint 2 colours over the factory finish (O.D-Tan to my knowledge was an ok scheme for these tanks). The markings were all made up, with it being "Clash" or C-Squadron. I'm thinking of adding it to a diorama but I'm not sure what exactly I want it doing. Possibly looking at a shot up Kubel.

I'll try to get a better photo up in the next couple days. Just curious if anyone had any constructive comments. Besides "Learn how to take a Bloody Picture!"

thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 03:20 PM UTC
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/thewrongguysvignettarama.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3024

That was probably important
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 03:22 PM UTC
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 03:25 PM UTC

Hopefully this works!
It is a lovely model. The picture doesnt seem to focus evenly over the whole tank. Pity!
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 03:40 PM UTC
WrongGuy, that is one great looking model. The construction and paint job look excellent to me. And, I love the idea of a shot up Kubel being in there. I think both Italeri and Tamiya have nice kits of them.

I noticed the plastic tarp/bed roll. I don't know if you've tried some of the methods mentioned here before, about using some tissue or cheese-cloth to manufacture a more "textural" model of that? I'm still trying to get them right myself, but I think something like that adds to the realism of a piece? All-in-all, though, I'd give my left...arm to build something that looks as good as your "Honey". Congrats.

Mike

WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 03:48 PM UTC
A job well done. The weathering looks good, as does the figure. A really good effort. Overall I'd say you did a "Honey" of a job on this kit. Congrats.

_GOTOTOP