_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
My M2A2 ODS Bradley So Far, BUT NOT COMPLETE!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 09:22 PM UTC
Well, guys, here it is! I already let Jeremy know that I wouldn't be able to make the deadline but he gave me some extra time.
For those of you who didn't see the inprogress shots, here is one:

Here is one of the pictures I am using as a reference for my model:

As you can see, all that is missing is the tracks, skirts, and the TOW launcher. I laso need to seal it and finish weathering it with powders.

Comments a questions are welcomed!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 09:48 PM UTC
Looking great Pete. I really like the color variation between the hull and the ERA plates. Great job.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 09:55 PM UTC
Look really great Pete! The ERA looks smart and like Gino has said the contrast is superb. Overall its looking very ncie and well detailed.

Ive missed the deadline althogether and will now be going on hiliday next week-woops. I wonder if I will ever finish-hehe!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 09:57 PM UTC
Thanks Gino! Wait till you see it with the Mig Powders, IF I EVER GET TO FINISH IT!!!! :-)

One thing, and I'm sure some knuckle head will point it out. I used the kit decals for the bumbers numbers. The bumbper numbers came froma track from the 1st ID during Bosnia. So I fugured, they didn't change much when they went to Iraq, so I used them. As a matter of fact, I got the idea from a picture of a 1st ID track in Iraq. The only difference was the board number and the bumber numbers.
OH well!
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC
What is there to say, except for excellent work!!!
This one must be one of the best Bradley builds I have ever seen. Looks great Pete!

Erik
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Armorama: 384 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 10:32 PM UTC
Its coming along real good Pete.
I’m looking forward to seeing it competed.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 02:55 AM UTC
Holy crap....do you think you added enough AM parts to it? :-)
This is some top notch build Pete. Definitely take your time on this one and do it up nicely.

I remember Olivier and yourself were in talks to write up a feature on your builds. Hows that coming along?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 04:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Holy crap....do you think you added enough AM parts to it?

Actually, the only AM parts that he added are the Reactive Armor blocks and PE. The rest is good ol' scratch-building.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 04:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually, the only AM parts that he added are the Reactive Armor blocks and PE. The rest is good ol' scratch-building.

good point. Seemed to dominate the look of the kit and gives the perception that alot has been added when really its only a single addition.

Pete, i forgot to mention that as long as there is a photo with your tracks on, you will get the ribbon pinned to your left chest. For a kit to be considered complete for this campaign, it just had to be completely constructed and have a single base coat applied. Im taking a rough stab that you had already done this.

dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 05:07 AM UTC
Impressive Pete, I agree with Gino about the contrast between the hull color and the extra armour, that´s a good idea.

Take your time buddy, ´congrats

cheers
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 06:03 PM UTC
Jeremy,
HOLY SCRATCHBUILDING BATMAN!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Yup, an article is in the works. I have Oliviers part of it and I just need to get the time to write up my part. You know what, I have my two week Annual Tarining starting next week and I can work on it during my down time(if I have some). I'll take all my info and try and do that.

Once again guys, thanks for the comments. Oh, I also posted a picture of one of the tracks I used as a reference for this model.

Tomek_K
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Dolnoslaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 131 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:22 PM UTC
Wow Pete, your Bradley looks very impressive.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yup, an article is in the works. I have Oliviers part of it and I just need to get the time to write up my part. You know what, I have my two week Annual Tarining starting next week and I can work on it during my down time(if I have some). I'll take all my info and try and do that.

and perhaps run it past Graeme Davidson to see if you guys can get it published by Osprey as i dont recall any release that deals with Modelling the Bradley.

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hi Brad Wizard,

you did an excellent job on your model. It's very impressive and I feel like a little boy looking at the amount of work you did. You definitely are the master of the Bradley.

I hope you'll soon be able to show pics of the complete model. It just can be more amazing than presently.

Hat's off and

Olivier

PS : thanks for your job on the ERA blocks, as usual every time a modeler scratch builds something a manufacturer pops up. This time it is Blast !
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 03:10 AM UTC
Dear Epi
well done i love it so much and the job is really amazing
just waiting for the article
congrats
seb
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 05:12 AM UTC
Pete; just beautiful. Not much else can be said. I would love to see some sort of write-up so I can follow your ideas. One day I want to do my own, but I have been very hesitant due to the many innacuracies or oversimplifications in the available kits. Again, great.

_GOTOTOP