_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Dio Help
beg
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 11:28 AM UTC
Hi

I am new to modelling and i was wanting to build a diorama. i have the following Italeri kits

326 Ambulance Jeep
416 First Aid Post

and i would like to use the fist aid post without its base. does anyone have any good dio ideas for these kits.

Cheers
Beg
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 12:09 PM UTC
Maybe you could make a scene from the South Pacific.

The med. post could be near a palm tree and the jeep parked outside, so it would look like they just pulled up and took the soldier inside. You could also use a little dark red paint to paint a spot of blood on the stretcher.

Or

You could make a battle of the buldge scene. You could do this by having the jeep parked next to the Med. Post.

Let me know if this helps.

beg
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:46 PM UTC
Hi Chip

thanks for the reply. yep it does help. i like your battle of the bulge idea. however do you know where i would look for reference on this. as i have said i am new to modeling but i am also new to most things military as well. I do know when where and what the battle of the bulge was but i would like some reference pictures or something to work from

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated. :-)

Thanks in advance
Beg
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 05:54 PM UTC
Hey, try out this link and the one below it has a page of a battle of the bulge diorama.

http://ardenne44.free.fr/page3.html

http://bulge.free.fr/page30.html

also, check out "Lost in the Ardennes" diorama, here on this site. Its in the gallery section, then into dioramas, then to axis. I think it is on the first or second page.

(:-)
russ
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2003 - 08:58 PM UTC
Hi Beg

With those 2 kits you can just about choose any campaign or theatre you like so you really only have to find reference material you like and away you go.

My 2 cents

Russ

_GOTOTOP