_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Warrior for Modern Armoured Subjects Campaign
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 03:37 PM UTC
Hi Jazza,

Back on Parade, Sir!

This is my entry for the Modern Armoured Subjects Campaign, the pics have been added to the campaign picture area too.

This is the Academy Warrior Iraq 2003. Built virtually OOB with some bits added, e.g scratch jump leads on front armour.

This is the model I dropped a week or so ago so there has been some frantic re-building and adding of scratch parts for the bits I couldn't find... (Carpet Monster got them) e.g. the lower left smoke discharger on the left hand side is actually made from a wooden meat skewer and some other bits and bobs were made from Plastisruct.

The optics are a layer of Tamiya Gloss Dark Blue, two large and two small dots of Tamiya Aluminium and a layer of Tamiya Gloss Clear Green. I'm very pleased with the resulting look.

For the Oil cans I printed the writing and the nearest green I could find using MS Word and my inkjet then simply cut it out and glued it round the drum and carefully airbrushed Nato Green to blend. After weathering the can the slight differences in paint and ink are not noticeable.

The dust cover on the Rarden Cannon is heatshrink tubing slid over the barrel and VERY carefully heat shrunk to size. The barrel is very easy to disort (or even melt) with too much heat. I then just stuck a small bit of fuse wire at the front as the tie cord. Again very pleased with the results.

After painting and weathering a very thin layer of Tamiya Buff was added as dust.

The STOP sign in English and Arabic was simply copied from a picture on the internet, scaled to size, printed on the inkjet and stuck to a flat piece of plastic card that I attached legs to.

This was a great kit but as Erik T has said in a previous post the turret basket is a pain in the neck to put together and I had a wonderful time trying to get paint to stick to the tracks.

However, I'm so chuffed with this Warrior that I'm going to have the cheek to enter it for the next MoM competition.

Any criticisms and comments welcome.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 03:43 PM UTC
Can somebody please tell me how to paste larger pictures in my above post. For some reason I always seem to end up with small pictures.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 04:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can somebody please tell me how to paste larger pictures in my above post.

Yes, we can... I will explain it later, if you are on MSN to night.

Erik

And your Warrior is really sweet looking. Congrats from Norway.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 06:57 PM UTC
Looks familiar. I just finished mine too. Looks great. good job.
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 07:23 PM UTC

At last ----unvieled :-) .....great build my friend -------nice touches!
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 08:20 PM UTC
Look really great Murdo
For the turret basket you just hide everythink with all the stuff :-) :-)

Nice piece
Cheers
Seb
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 04:36 PM UTC
On top of Bradleys, we do have a strong force of warriors in this campaign. Its fantastic!

Awesome job on the warrior Murdo. There was no way i was going to miss this one. Having seen so many nicely built Warriors over the last couple of months, i am getting inspired to head over to the LHS and get one. I really like the way you loaded the stowage on this one.

As mentioned in the other thread, i will be updating the award recipient list shortly after the campaign so do look out for it.

Great job mate!
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 09:22 PM UTC
Hi Murdo
Very nice warrior. how did you make the camo netting?

Nick
 _GOTOTOP