_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
"Duel in the Sky" Important! Please read!
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 10:32 AM UTC
Hi all "Duel in the Sky" participants!

With this Campaign, I thought it would be a nice idea to run seperate "Dogfights" threads. I discussed this with Merlin (Aircraft Forum) and GunTruck (Campaign Forum) and they both agreed to "host" these in the Aircraft forum rather than the Campaign forum. Of course, an "Official Duel in the Sky" thread will remain in the Campaign pages and can be used to link to the "Dogfight" threads. This thread will also have the table to visualise the progress of everybody.
I think this system will create a "virtual" link to the forthcoming AEROSCALE website and the "Dogfights" will have better exposure amongst the Aircraft crowd.
To sum up, ask the general questions and post 3 or 4 pictures in the "Official" thread (Campaign Forum) and run a separate "Dogfight" thread with perhaps more detailled pictures of your build in the Aircraft Forum (to become Aeroscale).

The dogfight thread should be named something like this:
Duel - Lampie vs. TedMamere

If you have questions related to this topic, please ask them here. But do not post pictures of models here, use the "Official Duel" thread for that.

Thanks for reading!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 01:24 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

I have already started such a thread in the campaigns area some time ago. Is it possible to move that into the aircraft sector to meet your requirement?

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/76975&page=1

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 03:33 PM UTC
Hi Stephen!

I know there have been a couple of threads like these already started. I think the best is to PM GunTruck. He can move the threads I think, I can't...

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 04:14 PM UTC
Hallo Jean-Luc

ich bin am Wochenende unterwegs ( kennt man "Pfingsten" in Frankreich ?) ... werde es Dienstag machen

viele Grüße

Steffen
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

kennt man "Pfingsten" in Frankreich ?

Hallo Stephen!

Ja! Ich arbeite Montag nicht!

Jean-Luc
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 07:27 AM UTC
Understood Jean-Luc....I will order Geordi LaForge to shift wavelengths in the Main Power Core to avoid a Primary Core meltdown right away.........oo[s, sorry, wrong Jean-Luc

No worries sir, in an effort to abide by you suggestion, and support my mate GunTruck's efforts at launching the Aeroscale side of the sight I will do just as you say

Of course, I will apologize up front for allowing the 'smelly British" lapdogs to stink up the place......

Tread.

EDIT: 'Allo, 'allo Jean-Luc :-).......I traveled over to the Aircraft Forum to do as I promised, and I must say.....I am absolutely SHOCKED, that there is no official accomodation for World War I aircraft!!!...sure, lots and lots of WWII designations, but NO listings for anything Dubaya dubaya ONE.....sheeeeeeesh, just goes to show I wasn't paying attention All this time........must admit, I'm even MORE surprised our good, and devoted WWI aircraft guru JackFlash missed it as well. Must simply be because he is too well mannered to complain :-)
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 09:45 AM UTC
Hi Gordon!

Yes I'm afraid the WW1 topic must have been beamed up in another dimension. There is still the Early Aviation (to 1935) topic though. I think this will change in the future with the Aeroscale site!
Anyway, for the "Doghfight" threads, there is the Group Build focus. I think it's this one that should be used for the "Duel in the Sky" Campaign.

Data... engage!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP