_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
armourscale barrels
wespe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
I just received my order from Lucky-model consisting of 2 armourscale 37mm flak 43/l60 barrels.Great serviceby the way,and fantatastic looking barrels.Upon examination however,it seems to me that the barrel wil fit the Italeri flak 37 fine,but for the tamiya flak 37 it is too small.The plastic barrel for Tamiya seems bigger than the armourscale.Is it me or is the tamiya barrel wrong?The Tamiya gun is the stand alone 3.7cm flak 43 #35145-800.Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.tia
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is it me or is the tamiya barrel wrong

In one word, yes. There has been a total revision done with the barrels we have (previously) had to accept and what both ArmourScale and DML are doing now. So yes, you are absolutely correct..Jim
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:09 AM UTC
See the comparison reviews on the Perth Military Modelling Site at
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/armorscale/b35029.htm
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

See the comparison reviews on the Perth Military Modelling Site

The jury is still very definitely OUT on this subject. I agree with some of Terry's assesments, in one or two cases, no.....
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 06:33 AM UTC
So is this a case where the Aber/Armorscale barrel is not accurate but is more accurate than the barrels compared against it or where they all have it wrong? What's the jury out on in regards to these different barrels?
moose
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

See the comparison reviews on the Perth Military Modelling Site

The jury is still very definitely OUT on this subject. I agree with some of Terry's assesments, in one or two cases, no.....

Jim,

Just wondering if you have additional information other than the references quoted in the review as it sounds like you do?

I would be happy to update the review with the additional information if you would liike to share, always willing to learn.

Cheers
Terry A
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 12:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would be happy to update the review with the additional information if you would liike to share, always willing to learn

What I meant by my ''The Jury's Still Out' statements' was no reflection on the work you've done, simply, that there is so much (sometimes conflicting) information coming in from so many different sources that it's difficult to get one 'answer'.

I'm the first to appreciate what you've done (thinking particularly of the 2cm barrel comparison), however, it does indicate an area which we're lacking - a forum dedicated to this kind of research.

I'm also of the opinion that (in particular) Robert at Armorscale, has had better research done than many other AM barrel manufacturers, the comparisons have also served to show some of the rubbish that has been offered up over the years - particularly in my opinion, Jordi Rubio...
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 09:50 PM UTC
I can attest to the JR barrel being rubbish...I think that's an understatement, particularly as the first thing I did when I saw the comparison at PMMS was haul it out of the AM stash box where it'd been sitting for some unnamed future date with the Tamiya Mobelwagen kit and saw all the deficiencies once again but on a much more striking level. :-)

I've been impressed with what Armorscale has been doing with their detail line of gun barrels, particularly the MG34 and Stug III/IV line, and am glad to hear that their Flak 43 barrel is carrying on that level.

_GOTOTOP