Bull rushes help
Lt-Shultz
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 101 posts
Armorama: 99 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 11:30 PM UTC
Hi everyone,
I've drawn a bit of a blank with my Dio and need the expert help of you all.
I'm wanting to create Bull Rushes along the edge of my river bank....I've seen an article somewhere on making the forementioned items, but can't for the life of me remember where.
It may have been on this site, or in a book.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, or failing that, offer ideas about how to make them.
Thanks
Shultz

BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 03:02 AM UTC
I think I would try diping a bristle in diluted PVA mixture then into a tub of brown pigment, or something similar. Hopefully it will group to the end....but that's theoritcal. Just something I've been toying with in my head.
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 03:43 PM UTC
Schultz

You may actually have seen bullrushes - I haven't - so maybe this is leading you up the garden path.

Is this what you are referring to as bullrushes?

If so then these came from some plastic leaves I found in a hardware store (the cheapy stores didn't have any that suited ) It consisted of a bunch of slender leaves some of which had a yellow "lumpy" bit at their tips. I cut the tips off all about the same length and dry brushed a dark brown over the yellow.

I then glued 1 brown tip to 2 plain leaves with super glue (CA) and then glued the 3 stems into a hole drilled in the base. I predrilled all the holes so that I could get the stems closer together and create the illusion of more leaves. Once the glue set the creek and pond were poured from a 2 part resin. More photos in my gallery under field kitchen dio.

As for your question - no I have not seen any article on here about how to make bullrushes, although now I will probably find one

Brian
 _GOTOTOP