_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Fighters Under the Midnight Sun in Flight!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 08:48 PM UTC
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to FUMS, a.k.a. Fighters Under the Midnight Sun.

Fighters Under the Midnight Sun

FUMS fun has begun! My Ilmavoimat Buffalo is on the bench awaiting more TLC. Have any of you started your project? I look forward to what has been announced, some really cool subjects IMHO.

Now we will find out how good of an administrator I can be, running this campaign.

Questions and comments can post here but to ensure I get your message ASAP, please PM me.

Looking forward to your modeling fun!

Fred
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 06:39 AM UTC
I think I'm going to wait a couple of months before I start my Buffalo Fred, for 2 good reasons.
1. I have entered something like 6 campaigns.
2. I wanted to let you get a head start on your Buffalo so if there are any fit issues or other problems I'll be able to use yours as a guide.
This post was removed.
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 12:56 AM UTC
Hi everyone!
I couldn't acces the internet the last time I had a weekend-off, and that was two weeks ago. I now have only 21 days left to go! I'll probably start my first entry soon.
I was thinking about starting a new thread to ask this, but since this is already here, I'll ask it now. Do you have to start AND complete your entry during the campaign time, or is it acceptable to finish your model during the timeline?

I'm not implying anything but I do have a Hurricane in-progress that would make nice first entry to this campaign...
Here's the in-progress thread with pics, of course.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi Fred and VonCuda

I also want to enter with a CA Finnish Buffalo but I have to build some models before. I'll keep an eye on the campaign when one of you is going to take off I'll maybe join as this parallel build is really fun (see Rowan and me with the I-16)

But until then I'll have a ShidenKai (where I'll try the salt chipping technique) a Fw 190 A-3, a Bf 109 E-4 and a Skybow Tiger I for campaigns ... not to forget the 10 other models started .... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

cheers

Steffen
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
Hi Fred.
Im going to be building the Revell MKIIB Hurricane for this.Eetu very kindly sent me a spare set of Finnish Air Force decals that he had at home,and I managed to bag myself a kit on Ebay,which was conveniently being offered for sale without decals.Quite a result.
As Ive only got a week at home before I have to go on tour again Im concentrating on finishing my P47 and ordering decals etc for the other campaigns Ive entered,but I hope to make a start on the Hurricane sometime in July.
Nige
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 09:49 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

I started on my P-36 tonight. Here is the progress not much but a start. I was concerned the cockpit would not line up well so I went ahead attached it to one side and dry fitted with the other half until it set.

Sincerely,
Brian
 _GOTOTOP