my picket fence: 2nd guise
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 01:06 PM UTC
Hey all
Did a bit of alteration to the dio. Pulled the berry bush in favour of a WS shrub, made from trimmed pieces of their "fine leaf foliage"... i think it looks better. Tried to recreate a once white, now faded fence, and added more wildgrass to both sides of the fence... the road has been lightened somewhat, although I don't feel that it is finished yet... There is also a bit of a dirt colour srayed to blend the grasses on the edge of the road...
Love some feedback for how the paintwork looks on the fence... More flaked/chipped, or the gradual faded areas are ok?

Still going to bang out a milestone for the opposite side of the road. Anyone know if they are a stark white with black alphanumerics?
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 01:33 PM UTC
Bradley your ground work looks superb as usual, the fence is spot on in my opinion. I really like that you added the "Dust" to the grasses along the road. That is something often overlooked these days. Great job so far. Cheers Kevin
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 03:31 PM UTC
Thanks Kev; good "positive reinforcement" :-)
Although in review of my pics it is hard to see the difference!
Mentioned about milestones I was going to add later. Kind of found the answer to my own Q at a French website that inventories milestones, and whoa they look nothing like I'd imagined! They are dated to the Romans, and are mostly round and stand from 1m to 2m high! Not the basic letter indicating a town and the number of miles, but full latin inscriptions outlining the emperor of the time etc. Good pics of locations in French countryside too... think it was archeolyon.com or similar... Good for brushing up on the ouis and nons also
Gday Kenneth
Yep, a different shade on the fence posts is a grand idea, although the subtler the better me reckons... And yep, those puddles are some muddy dio hangovers! AAAARGH!:)
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 11:26 PM UTC
Ola Bradleyboy

The fance looks great!! You really nailed it with the white paint chipping off and with all the bushes around it, it looks old, forgoten and realistic:)
Is it only the picture or is the road a bit to flat? I mean it looks a bit strange and should have more texture in my opinion. Looks like it was just covered with some spackle, so it's not amazing. Hope it's only the photo:)

Cheers,
dsc.
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 03:09 AM UTC
The fence and vegetation look fantastic! Tere's something on the road that I don't like, though... maybe the colour.... maybe the texture... or both... I can't tell!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 03:51 AM UTC
Bradley,
This looks really good. The fence looks old and beat up. The road looks great, but the color looks a bit off. I can't tell if it's your photo, or what, but it looks like it has a bit of a pinkish tint to it. But like I said, overall everything looks excellent.
 _GOTOTOP