_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help needed with Cromwell Wading Gear.
Patt950
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 02:25 PM UTC
Can anyone help?
I felt like a change from my usual 1/72nd scale modelling so I thought I would give my eyes a break and try something in 1/35.
I managed to get hold of Tamiya's Cromwell MkIV and some photo-etch wading gear from Aber. I have a little experience using photo-etch, but was wondering is anyone could advise me about how to join brass to brass on a long seam?
The large trunk on the rear is basically a 'box' and it has a seam down one corner, about 25-30mm long, that I need to join.
Which would be the best way to do this? Should I use CA and try to flow it into the join or is it possible to solder the joint?
Thanks in advance,
Patt950
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 09:32 PM UTC
Hi Pat
I would solder that joint,as I will, because I have the same set waiting to be built
Super glues,I have found are not to good at this size of joint
I'm quite new to this solder game ,but I've found "Bakers soldering fluid #3" a real help,the solder runs a treat making a nice strong joint

HTH
Andy
Patt950
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 02:14 PM UTC
Hi Andy,
Thanks for the swift reply.
I'll have a go soldering the joint then. Should be interesting as I've never soldered brass before. I think a few practice runs on sone scrap would be a good idea! Anyway thanks again for the advice.
Cheers
Pat
 _GOTOTOP