Hosted by Darren Baker
Bryan House
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 12:22 AM UTC
hello, I want to show you my last photos about my actual work.
I hope that it will interest you

cheers
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkįe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 12:35 AM UTC
Carlos, thii is big and looks great.
I saw that blue coat of paint (or it is the color of the material used??) where the brick work comes. Is it a more realistic shade before the brick red tones or what? And will you please give some information about the material?

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 04:35 AM UTC
Overall really nice. Two comments, the hinges come across a bit thick. The steps look too thick also.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hallo Carlos,

Thank you for showing us the step by step work.
This looks so easy when you do it at the house looks great.

One question from me:
You are doing the roof slates by cutting the plastic in long stripes and simulating the individual slates by scribbing only (of course before cutting in stripes).

Is it your opinion that this method is good enough compared to laying the slates individually or is this simply the most effectice way to do it?

If i turn the question around , am i overdoing it when i lay down each slates individually. (thousands of them)?

Cheers

Claude

blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 02:02 AM UTC
Hello, thank you for your kind comments.
Alguhan, the blue color is the color of the plastic. in this case I have used a of plasticīs dish of a single use for parties. in this case it was blue but it could have been of any other color. the plastic with which these dishes are manufactured is very useful to make scratach ( and cheap) it can be glued with the same glue that the kits and you can texturized it.

Scott i you are right . there are some details that I have overscaled a bit. This piece is a master for make copies for a company that manufactures toy soldiers. I have had to sacrifice some details so that it can reproduce better.

Claude the topic that you outline is specially interesting since an erroneous roof can ruin a good work. In the real house she have perfectly aligned tiles, according to the planes that I have consulted.

When you use the system of tiles one by one it is very difficult that after the 4 or 5 lines of tiles they are even perfectly aligned and keep the same distance exactly in each . A deviation of 0.5 mm is already an error. For this reason I chose the system of strips, you can control this way perfectly that all you line them they are same. The roofs made with unequal tiles have in general a too medieval aspect, a game scenario of medieval-fantastic topic.
best whises
Carlos
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 02:24 AM UTC
Hello Carlos, Wow you just keep chugging along knocking these beauties out!!! This is a wonderful follow up to your Russian house!!! Great eye for detail. Cheers Kevin
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 10:37 AM UTC
Hi Carlos,

Indeed Carlos , you are absolutely right . More so in your business of doing Masters.
In my case i think that, even if the exact space is not meet between the slates, it has only to stay somewhat in the brick pattern to look good. Because of the scale and the viewing distance the viewer will only notice if he looks very close (and wants to criticize)

The problem i have is that i am working with 0,25 mm Sheets for the slates.
The scribbing depth can not be deep enough without cutting through. A 0,5 mm sheet is already on the thick side for my taste.
But with a few ten thousands of slates to lay on my castle, i seriously need to consider alternatives!

Cheers
Claude

HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 05:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hola Carlos
This is looking up to your usual high standards!
One thing though~ I'm sure space constraints do not allow you to alter it, but I would hazard a guess that the door to the stairs should be larger than the door to the space under the staircase? I know that the staircase would need to be moved more centrally, to open up the landing more (requiring the larger door) Without altering the angle of the stairs, this would push the fireplace further off centre which defeats the purpose somewhat... But hey, toy soldiers don't know the difference right? :-)
Cheers
Brad
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 03:01 PM UTC
Bradley, if I'm not mistaken, this is a build of an actual 1800's house. Though I'm not familiar with the actual reallife house itself, I have seen late 1700 and 1800 houses with very slim doors and stairways. I don't know if there is a reason for this in early American architecture, or if Carlos intended to build it this way, but it actually exists.
I can remember being a young snotter, visiting A.C.W. battlefields and marveling at the troll staircases in the homes and farmhouses.
In residential [ townfolk ] homes there usually was a large or grand staircase to the upper floors, then off the kitchen or pantry a skinny - mini staircase for servants.
Sorry for preaching & rambling [ early Sat. morning , alot of coffee and nothing to do l.o.l ].
Cheyenne
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 09:21 PM UTC
very sharp and accurate work!! a real piece of craftsmanship. I agree with the thickness of the steps, and also the gradient of the stairs is a little steep - however, this is still a fantastic piece of model making.

Yet another impressive build mate, I don't know where you find the time!

Cheers
Jon
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 02:24 AM UTC
Dear friends, thank you for the interest shown in my work.
Claude with your ability level doesn't believe that you have any problem in making a roof it tiles to tile. However if you want to prove my method you can also make it with plastic of 0.25 I have worked with plastic of that thick one using the scribber.

Bradley, for my is also a little strange the disposition of the stairways in this house,
to build it I have used this plan

that this kept in the library of the congress and that it can be consulted in internet. this file contains around 50.000 images of the different buildings that are architectural patrimony of it USA them I have not been able to get any plane or outline of like they are the stairways, so basing me on this picture
and in the plan I have supposed that it should be this way, I wait that some day I can know that fact exactly and to correct the piece.
I have to thank from here to people of Militaryhistoryonline.com for the valuable help that they have lent me
cheers
 _GOTOTOP