Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 scale building blocks?
damageinc
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 12:13 PM UTC
I have been told at a local model shop that there is a company that produces and sells blocks similar to legos that you can construct building and ruins for 1/35 scale dioramas. I have looked all over the internet and have not been able to find anything. Supposedly, these blocks come in several different styles and sizes capable of building any type of building, including burned out and bombed out ruins. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks. please e-mail any info to [email protected] or post here.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 12:55 PM UTC

Sounds much like the bricks of hirstarts, but those are out of scale for 1/35. Worth checking out, though.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:10 PM UTC
I've heard of a Hansa Systems in FSM i believe. They're somewhere in New york state.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 08:19 PM UTC
first welcome to armorama second their is a german brand that makes the bricks in 1/35 scale
and I know plusmodel and verlinden products have bricks and street tiles
wich mean you can build a whole house
it takes a lot of patience cause you have to glue them or maybe make em like a real wall

I dont know the name of the german brand but I will check in to it

CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 09:22 PM UTC
What you are seeking is indeed. Hansa. They are the best all around product. In fact a large part of my diorama (the entire minaret!!) "Shalom/Salaam" was built using these items. They are simply superb. You can contact then via Fine Scale Modeller magazine, or if you have problems let me know I have their adress here. Here is what they look like after building them

The stair way leading down was also done using the Hansa system.

Jack
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 714 posts
Armorama: 360 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:26 PM UTC
Love that dio! It reminds me of a mosque that I saw in this small town in Bosnia. There was a hole from a tank round punched right through the minaret. I have some pictures somewhere, and will probably model this when I get off my current kick of Russian WWII armour.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 05:10 PM UTC
While I agree that you are probably referring to Hansa Systems (they have no website!), I most highly suggest you also check out your local "doll house" supply shop. I find a TON of stuff intended for other scales that works perfectly for 1:35. A good example is Grandt Line 1:48 and 1:24 window frames.... break em up, and the fit just fine in "our scale".

Also, I have found wooden flooring and sheets of very nice brick work (vacu-form sheets) that are just fine.... and they are usually pretty inexpensive.

Finally, don't forget - you can make your own with plaster. See the DIGITAL DIAMONDS article I posted a while back on making your own "ton 'o bricks" cheaply and quickly, in any size or scale desired.
 _GOTOTOP