Hosted by Darren Baker
Humvee Question
Thrashergklm
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 01:22 PM UTC
Dose the new up Armored kits have the Grills on them, or are them gone for good now, and if not, dose anyone have some pics of it.

This is a project that has been in the works for about a year now, the Idae is to have an OIF setting with a M1Panther II and the New Humvee sitting off the side of the road with the Commander of the Panther will be talking to another Commander or Officer in the Humvee with another in the pasangers side and one on the gun manning the MK-19 with the new armor going around the turret and three grunts around the humvee garding it with maybe one looking in the trunk of the humvee for some water or something with a sign on the road the ever reads Mins or it giving Diractions, and all of this is out side in the desert on again the side of the read. I know they say more is less, but I was given the idea form an actully pic of the two Veicals driving down the raod. It will be some what dig, but not that big. For a grand totle of 2 veicals and 6 figures. What do ya'll think about that.

So more question will come and things get closer to being done. Advice is welcome.

Thrasher

USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 08:22 AM UTC
I am not entirely sure what you are asking, but the grill s between the old humvees and the M1114-series are different. The M1114-series has an enlongated "nose" that would require serious scratchbuilding and converting, an wouldn't matter as the armored roof and rear are different too.

M1025 (old humvee)

M1114 Uparmored Humvee

If you haven't though of it, MIG Productions has a 1/35 scale M1114 conversion set for the Tamiya kit (beautiful kit BTW). There is a review and a build article provided below.

M1114 Conversion Review
M1114 Conversion Build Article

As for you planned dio, it seems complicated only in word. If you have the figures for it, go. Just plan ahead and keep asking yourself along the way if you really need that or if this really fits the story I want to tell. Keep us updated.

Jeff
2CAVTrooper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 12:26 PM UTC
Do you mean the CIP's like what's on the door in this pic?

_GOTOTOP