_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Centurion pioneer tools
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 04:56 PM UTC
I am building the Tamiya Centurion (first attempt at armour, I usually do racing cars) and have problem identifying correct tools and location for MkIII. I have cut off all the moulded on tools and intend scratchbuilding replacements. Although I have found many photo references while surfing none give a clear view of tool location except for crowbar on right rear. Can anyone help.

Ta muchly,

KiwiDave
PhilipBBT
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 03:49 PM UTC
Tamiya put the pioneer tools in the correct locations for a MkIII though some are moulded onto the track guards. These are best shaved off and replaced with items from the Cromwell or Centaur kits. However on the right side there were two spades, one mounted on top of the other.
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 04:52 PM UTC
Thanks Phil. Since posting my question I found a couple of pics that show the tools so I will be right. It appears that there should be two pick axes (is that what military persons call them?) where Tamiya only had one. I am scratchbuilding replacements for all the tools, though the spades are presenting a challenge. I have some nice fine grain tooth picks which should sand down to scale for the handles but I may have to make a buck to form the aluminium foil spade as my attempts to burnish free form are not working. No doubt we will overcome.

Regards Dave

_GOTOTOP