_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
After market track?....
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 08:37 AM UTC
Hi,
A buddy just loaned me a MB models Mk IV tank to cast if I wanted, the track is metal so I was wondering if someone had an aftermarket set available in 1/35.
I guess my second question is it worth it?, I mean its a lump of resin. Are the Emhar kits really that bad?
Curious
Thanks in advance
Joker
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 08:53 AM UTC
I built the Emhar kit back in the early 90s. I put it on par with something like the Halcyon Aliens APC. Not a great kit, but definitely buildable. I wouldn't know an accurate from an inaccurate Mark IV though.

One thing I thought was that the tracks would have been done better if they were link and length versus the vinyl tracks it came with. I think the tracks used two lengths of vinyl per side.
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 09:13 AM UTC
Hi Peter

The Emhar kits are not too bad , but if you are expecting Tamiya or DML quality you will be very dissapointed.

These kits are very basic with soft detail and be prepared to do some sanding and filling , but with care they do build up quite nicely and for the price you cant complain .

Only major issue are the tracks they come in lenghts that need to be joined then formed around the running gear, very similiar to resin AM tracks expect they are made of very rigid vinyl that take some patience to fit correctly ( i used to hair dryer to heat them up and get some flexibilty into them LOL )

If you look at my photo's there are some pics of my Emhar Tadpole

Ian
 _GOTOTOP