_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Hobby Fan figure question
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2006 - 01:17 AM UTC
Was wondering, is there a reason Hobby Fan figure prices seem to be a bit more than others I've seen. Are they that great a quality or another reason? No major reason, just curious.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2006 - 03:49 AM UTC
The issue of the price of Hobby fan stuff often comes up in forums.many people think they are too pricey and a bit of a rip off, however to be honest compared to the price of most other manufacturers they are not much more expensive-A set of two warriors figures can cost about £15.00. Anyway...

Hobby Fan figures come with a little resin base that is a nice added bonus and are usually good for little vignettes. In terms of quality HF figures are pretty damn good, the detail is very crisp and their nam figures will a void in the market for decent figures of this era. The only real problem is that the sculpters tend to make the faces look a bit cartoon like and almost animee. That aside they are very well detailed and are particulaly nice if you want to try out painting techniques as the detail is nice and crisp.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2006 - 09:02 AM UTC
Thanks for the info Rob, that helps a lot. I must plead ignorance to their figures, knew nothing of a base or anything like that with them. That is a nice value add to a figure set.
mallory
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 02:51 AM UTC
hobby fan figures are about half price from hobby easy Hong kong i have most of there nam figs and have never had to pay import duty they are some of the best castings i have seen battle hue includes six figures for 37 usd recomended :-)
 _GOTOTOP